💬 RevOps Discussions

SPatti
Participant

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi, 

I am planning to clean up properties for all( contacts, deals, tickets, sites etc.,) which are unncessary and no longer use.

( data management tool finds no data or duplicate dat but  I want no longer use properties)

Help me find the best to do this clean up.

1. How to find those properties ( i know of data managament and data quality tool) , other than that, any logical frameworks would be great

2. how to find no longer use properties 

3. How to safely remove ( archive for 90 days). 

if you have any thing like that, Plz share your knowledge.

Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi @SPatti,

Under Settings > Properties, you should see Export all properties in the top right corner. This is where you can download all properties. (There aren't any options to include any additional information in this.)

Working with this export file is the best way to go about an audit and clean-up. It requires a mix of working from the sheet and checking how many records have values directly in HubSpot.

There isn't any automated way to do this. (I don't work for HubSpot, I'm must passing on information.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
karstenkoehler

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi @SPatti,

The data quality tool command center provides a very good framework already and is the most comfortable way of cleaning up your properties: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/data-quality-command-center

It will show how many properties you have in the following categories:

• No data: there are empty or incomplete values for the property on records.
  • Unused: the property is not used in any HubSpot tools such as lists, workflows, or reports.
  • Duplicates: there is another property that is similar to the property.

From the command center, you can see key information about a property including property update sources and tools using this property. You can also safely archive it directly if it is not in use and doesn't hold any information:

karstenkoehler_0-1668403583919.png

Without the data quality command center, the best approach is to download all properties in the properties setting to an Excel file and manually check each property for data, use, and duplicates. (This approach is also described here.)

If you encounter properties that you want to merge, you would either copy values from one field into another using the copy action in workflows, bulk editing or export/import.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SPatti
Participant

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi karsten,

I have thousand of properties in deals and other objects ( which have more than 100 properties) which i have to do manually.

Any framework do you have or any suggestions ( other than manually going through).

Thanks

karstenkoehler

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi @SPatti,

If by framework you're referring to an automated solution, then no, I'm not aware of any automated solutions on the market. A manual review is unfortunately your best option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes
SPatti
Participant

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. however, i want to find the basic info of every property in one sheet ( either import to excel or report in hubspot or any other useful way). i am attching the screenshots for them. Do you have any suggestions to create workflows  to create like that or make dashboard( reports) to find them. That would be great.

I can import all properties to check (used in lists , workflows) but to deal values numnber to analyse them that are not being used and unnecessary.

SPatti_0-1668726248598.pngSPatti_1-1668726256851.png

Awaiting your response, 

Regards,

Spatti

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Properties Cleanup

Résolue

Hi @SPatti,

Under Settings > Properties, you should see Export all properties in the top right corner. This is where you can download all properties. (There aren't any options to include any additional information in this.)

Working with this export file is the best way to go about an audit and clean-up. It requires a mix of working from the sheet and checking how many records have values directly in HubSpot.

There isn't any automated way to do this. (I don't work for HubSpot, I'm must passing on information.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes