💬 RevOps Discussions

PHebert

Product Level Pipelines

Does anyone have a good way of creating product level pipelines and forecasts.  We use the different pipelines as product families and our products sit under the appropriate family (pipeline), but we want to not just see the pipeline for the family but the also for the product line items.

6 Replies 6
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Product Level Pipelines

Thanks for the tag, @Jnix284! And awesome question, @PHebert!

It sounds like your best bet here would be a creating a custom multi-select deal property called something like "Products" and using that property to filter your pipeline and reporting. If you have "Product" values tied to every deal, then you can easily report/forecast on only the deals that contain the respective "Product" value you're looking at. This will likely require manual updates from the team, but it'll get you the granularity you're after.

If you already have reports set up specific to the product family pipelines, all you would need to do is clone them and add in the respective "Product" filter.

This is a really good field to have on association contact records as well since it will enable you to create product-specific lists (if you're not doing so already).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

Product Level Pipelines

Great suggestion Jacob,

This is an interesting use of pipelines - to have them split out into product family pipelines.

@PHebert it would be helpful to know if you have multiple line items on a deal because an extra complexity here will be if a deal represents more than one product. If so, you may need to pull your HubSpot data including Line Item Objects into an additional reporting tool such as XLS or Power BI to manipulate and filter the individual line item objects, their quantities, values, discounts and currencies.

best

Pete

PHebert

Product Level Pipelines

I do. I was afraid this was the solution. 😀.

Thanks to all for your help and support.

Paul

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Product Level Pipelines

Hi @PHebert,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any recommendations: 

Hi @danmoyle@HubDoPete@Jnix284, do you have any advice for @PHebert? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Product Level Pipelines

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak , I wish I could offer more insight @PHebert , but the product line detail you're looking for is a bit outside of my experience. Perhaps @jolle can share some insights?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Product Level Pipelines

Thanks for looping @jolle in! 💛

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings