💬 RevOps Discussions

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Problem with the workflow migration process requested by HubSpot before January 8

If you use HubSpot workflows for several years, maybe you have received an email from HubSpot with this subject line:

[Action Required] One or more of your workflows need to be updated by January 8

I discovered a quite big problem with the Workflow migration process sent to all impacted customers.

The problem is two-fold:

1- When cloning workflows, nothing tells users to check if their workflows are using "Enroll in another workflow" actions. If they do, they need to be changed manually to the new version of the Workflow. If not it will end up in errors. This is the less important problem because this could be caught with the "Workflows with errors" tab later.

2- The following is way more important. If your Lists, Workflows goals or Workflows enrollment criteria use Workflows actions to include or exclude records, nothing of this will continue to work after cloning your workflows. The worst part is that there is no filter you can use to sort out impacted Lists or Workflows. You need to check them one by one.

I think HubSpot Customers should be aware of this while doing their migration.
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
3 Replies 3
EvensSheehy
Participant | Elite Partner

Problem with the workflow migration process requested by HubSpot before January 8

Hello Louis, 

I think you are referring to HubSpot workflow release from November 2019 below:

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/a-new-engine-for-your-workflows

In this documentation HubSpot was giving some rules on how they would proceed with the migration and how you can manage it manually if you were not qualifying for the automatic migration. Most of the actual HubSpot customers and all new Marketing Pro/Enterprise users are now automaticaly migrated. You should not have that many customers with this problem. 

Do you know how many of your customer received this email? 

In my case, only one received it out of more than 200 customers.

I hope this doc helps a bit!

Always here to help if neede!

louischausse

Hi @EvensSheehy 

Not all of our customers received it, but still... and since there is no easy way to flag impacted lists and workflow for the problems I pointed out, I preferred to let know the community. If you follow the manual migration process suggested by HubSpot, users may not realize that and hand up with many broken processes since lists are used in everything (dashboards, workflows, goals, etc.)

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
EvensSheehy

You're right Louis. I think it's better to prevent that to have to repair!

I'm voting up!