💬 RevOps Discussions

JKaufman

Making it easier to log meetings and attach notes to those meetings

SOLVE

Hi! I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. Activity

One of the important dates for us is the date of the "first meeting". To capture this, we have a "first meeting" meeting type. 

Is it possible to create logic that prevents "first meetings" from being created if a "first meeting" already exists for that specific deal or company? 

More advanced - is it possible to create some sort of UI / onboarding flow where it is very easy to log a new first meeting with specific information (the deal, the company, the contact, the notes of the meeting)

For example, I would love to be able to create a custom link where anyone can go and easily log a first meeting, and it prompts them to associate it with a company / deal / contact and enter the relevant notes.

Right now there is a lot of manual effort required to a) log meetings and b) log notes for those meetings. I'd love any tips / advice on workflows to make this simple and easy for our sales team. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKaufman,

@JKaufman wrote:

One of the important dates for us is the date of the "first meeting". To capture this, we have a "first meeting" meeting type.

Unfortunately not, no. You could create a list of contacts who are associated with this meeting type and where the activity date is less than one day ago. You could then create a workflow that re-enrolls contacts who enter this list and increase a number property on the contact by +1. If it's greater than 1, you know the meeting type was used twice. It's a workaround that notifies you after the fact.

@JKaufman wrote:

More advanced - is it possible to create some sort of UI / onboarding flow where it is very easy to log a new first meeting with specific information (the deal, the company, the contact, the notes of the meeting)

There aren't any features for required associated records during note creation. Creating a playbook that contains instructions to do so would be closest to what you're asking: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKaufman,

@JKaufman wrote:

Unfortunately not, no. You could create a list of contacts who are associated with this meeting type and where the activity date is less than one day ago. You could then create a workflow that re-enrolls contacts who enter this list and increase a number property on the contact by +1. If it's greater than 1, you know the meeting type was used twice. It's a workaround that notifies you after the fact.

@JKaufman wrote:

There aren't any features for required associated records during note creation. Creating a playbook that contains instructions to do so would be closest to what you're asking: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.