💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

How to improve connectivity among teams, data and tech?

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

Wanted to get a better understanding of how you're dealing with the struggle of having badly connected or even disconnected data, teams, or tech? 

To share one example, at HubSpot one of the ways for our teams to stay connected was to all hop on Zoom – as I'm sure many companies did too – however people ended up having to jump from meeting to meeting with little time to actually do any work.

We've now introduced some measures to prevent Zoom fatigue, such No-Meeting-Fridays, Speedy Meetings to make sure that people get time in between meetings, and Video Optional Meetings. To ensure that people and teams stay connected, we're currently testing out ways to improve communication across all our channels: when Slack, when Email, when Zoom.

1 Accepted solution
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jbogaert, thanks for sharing.

I personally have always been a huge advocate of remote work, so to see that it's becoming more normalized in the corporate world is really refreshing.

One thing that has worked really well for the organizations that I have been a part of is to stress the importance of "calendar blocks". So many businesses tell their employees to "keep their calendar up to date", but that can be interpreted as "just make sure all of my meetings are on the calendar". This is a big contributing factor to the "Zoom fatigue", "Slack fatigue", etc. So, we've tried to consistntly urge our team to put "blocks" in their calendar for their weekly priorities and schedule out their work weeks in advance. For example, if I have a huge project with a deadline, I'm going to ensure that I have several 60-min blocks on my calendar to do my prep work, QA, and ensure that I'm ready to go before launch and not sitting in meetings all day in the critical days leading up to the launch. Without having these "work blocks" on my calendar, teammates who are not on my direct team may not know about the big deadline that is coming up.

Many of today's popular project management tools also have calendar integrationsmso if you have tasks to take care of, they can sync to your calendar and block that time. Then, if you're diigent about using your HubSpot Meetings link (or other scheduling tool), you can ensure that the necessary buffers are in place between meetings.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jbogaert, thanks for sharing.

I personally have always been a huge advocate of remote work, so to see that it's becoming more normalized in the corporate world is really refreshing.

One thing that has worked really well for the organizations that I have been a part of is to stress the importance of "calendar blocks". So many businesses tell their employees to "keep their calendar up to date", but that can be interpreted as "just make sure all of my meetings are on the calendar". This is a big contributing factor to the "Zoom fatigue", "Slack fatigue", etc. So, we've tried to consistntly urge our team to put "blocks" in their calendar for their weekly priorities and schedule out their work weeks in advance. For example, if I have a huge project with a deadline, I'm going to ensure that I have several 60-min blocks on my calendar to do my prep work, QA, and ensure that I'm ready to go before launch and not sitting in meetings all day in the critical days leading up to the launch. Without having these "work blocks" on my calendar, teammates who are not on my direct team may not know about the big deadline that is coming up.

Many of today's popular project management tools also have calendar integrationsmso if you have tasks to take care of, they can sync to your calendar and block that time. Then, if you're diigent about using your HubSpot Meetings link (or other scheduling tool), you can ensure that the necessary buffers are in place between meetings.

0 Upvotes