💬 RevOps Discussions

Mark_Kelly
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

How can we give a 3rd party partner access to portal with limited visibility?

Hey all - looking for some suggestions here.

Does anyone here know of a way to connect an outside organization to a portal, and not let them see anything other than the contacts they will be calling (including timeline events) - think 3rd party SDRs calling on behalf of an organization.

Some context: I have a client who has a partner who wants to do joint lead gen campaigns. The partner has a team of outbound dialers they want to equip with a calling list (that will come from my client's HS portal). Ideally, we could then create deals and tickets and report based on the outcomes.

Ideal Outcome: The 3rd party partner can access HS with very limited visibility (issue will be the timeline activity) so they cannot see the other internal activities (other deals, emails, phone calls, etc.) going on with these prospects.

Appreciate any and all suggestions here!

3 Respuestas 3
LaurenRyan
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

@Mark_Kelly I'd recommend using permission sets/teams to limit visibility to owned items only. 

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 4.07.05 PM.png

Mark_Kelly

Thanks @LaurenRyan. This is where we started, however the companies and contacts are also worked by internal resources who are selling other services. Because of this, all of the activity timeline is exposed to the outside organization regardless of settings. And, because of deduplication rules around emails, we cannot add a duplicate contact.

That all said, I think the current frontrunner for a solution may be to shift the location of the email address to an alternative email field, leave the email field blank, and create the contacts to be worked. If there is enough engagement, scoring, etc. to qualify them as an opportunity, we will run a workflow to copy the alt email to the system email field and then dedupe it.

For anyone reading this, are there any flaws in that logic? Appreciate all of the help!

MiaSrebrnjak
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Hi @Mark_Kelly

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of HubSpot experts to see if they have any advice:

Hi @himanshurauthan@GSzalai@LaurenRyan, do you have any experience with this type of project? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Me gusta