💬 RevOps Discussions

amabilemorgan20
Teilnehmer/-in

How are you managing multiple teams in HubSpot?

Currently, there is only one team in our HubSpot platform, which is the digital marketing team for US Consumer. This year we are looking to integrate other teams into HubSpot, and would love to hear how other large or small companies managing this. These teams would be managing different lists, workflows, contacts, etc. I know that HubSpot now gives you the option to assign teams and such, but does anyone do this differently/

We spoke with a couple people at Inound 2019 on how they did this, and were surprised by the different solutions some businesses had come up with. It ranged from adding a contact property to decipher which team they were on, to some more complex solutions. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
SPhillips
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi,

I have set up multiple sales and marketing team members across two brands in our portal - found the best way for us to manage this is by creating separate property fields/groups for each brand as some of our contacts overlap with both. 

Its pretty easy to set up roles, teams and parent teams for users, e.g. digital marketer (role), digital team (child team), Marketing Brand 1 (parent team) and then customer adviser, sales support team, Sales team Brand 2. You can assign what is accessible by role and can assign visibility across features by teams. There is a new Partitioning feature which allows you to make certain contact properties only visibile to certain teams too which I have found useful. 

0 Upvotes
amabilemorgan20
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for the feedback! Setting up property groups was the first thing we discussed at Inbound this past year, so I assumed  a lot of people were doing the same. 

The roles and teams (as well as the new partitioning feature) are all things we have looked into, so hearing that they are useful is great.

0 Upvotes
a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey @amabilemorgan20 ! Chiming in here as a HubSpot consultant who works with a wide variety of customers & implementations. The hierarchical teams and partitioning features is the most clean-cut way to manage multiple teams in HubSpot that I have seen. I've seen companies that have global divisions (like APAC, EMEA, and US) each with separate assets & contacts, and we usually create each as a team in HS.

If there is little cross-over of records (contacts, deals, companies) between teams, and if there is a desire to keep these items sonly visible to certain teams, using teams is an especially good fit because you can set edit read/write/view permissions for contacts, deals, and companies to be team-only. You'd also have the option to restrict assets (emails, landing pages, lists, etc) to certain teams. You can now add users to multiple teams which was a big reason why some users stayed away from "Team-only" permissions in the past. 

Even if you don't mind having teams view each others' assets & records, there is still good reporting potential around "HubSpot team" that makes using teams worthy of consideration. (Ex: you can pull a report on # of contacts with lead score above 50 by HubSpot team)

Where teams alone can get tricky is if there are contacts/deals/companies that you want to assign to multiple owners (or multiple teams) and report on that. (For example, if you have both an account manager and a sales rep assigned to a deal and you want to report on both # of deals by account manager AND # of deals by sales rep.) This scenario is where I sometimes see use of custom properties to store secondary owners on records in addition to the use of teams (custom user properties are mentioned in a section here https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/using-custom-properties-in-hubspot-crm).

For example. if a company had 5 different branches of their company within HS and they each worked with a given contact on separate occasions, they could explore solutions like:

• Having “OurCompany A owner “, “OurCompanyB owner”, etc fields on the contact level,
  • or assigning team-specific owners on the deal-level, where some deals associated with the same contact belong to OurCompany A and some other deals are assigned to OurCompany B

-Amanda Danielson, HubSpot Success Consultant

0 Upvotes
SPhillips
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hey Amanda, 

Could I jump on this and ask a couple of questions re the partitioning feature? 

- Is there any plan to extend this across to meetings and calls logged by teams? So we can set visibility to be team who created the meeting/call only?

- Also re conversations, so any chat transcripts that show on a contact's timeline, can these only be visible to the teams who have access to that inbox? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey @SPhillips -- would you be able to give more context around the use case for making engagements on individual contact records (calls, meetings, chats), only visible to certain teams but having the contact as a whole be visible to everyone? (As opposed to making the contact only viewable to a certain team) . Thanks!

0 Upvotes
SPhillips
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Sure...so we have three separate sales teams using our HubSpot portal as their CRM, but a lot of our contacts interact with more than one of the three brands; therefore these need to be visible to all of the sales team for the instances where there is brand crossover. There can be some friendly competition between the brands at times, so meeting and call notes from sales reps in an ideal world for us, will only be visible to the teams that create them, whilst the actual contact record is visible to all.