💬 RevOps Discussions

JJohn88

Help Needed!

SOLVE

Hey Everyone,

I'm a new product ops manager in my company. I've just been given a task by my product manager and i was wondering if it was something that could be solved by hubspot or if any other tool/CRM tool can achieve this. I'll really appreciate all the help possible. The company is a fintech company and the task is listed below:

'As our company grows, client management becomes a greater challenge, because it is important to give each client a tailored experience to ensure we are satisfying all user needs. For some partners, this might be resolving support escalations once in a while when problems arise. For larger clients, this could be frequent checks in and early access to new features. As a result, a process to track new clients and determine the right relationship structure for each client is vital.
We'll need to create a system to achieve the following - monitor new clients, segment clients into different tiers, and alert all teams that support client management (e.g. Customer Success, Product)'

Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Connorj13
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

Help Needed!

SOLVE

Let's start with the strategy. You are going to want to start by defining "tier" for all of your customers. This could be by company size, revenue value, or some other metric you want to segment by or a blend. Once you have decided on your tiers, export all of your active customers and assign them to a tier. 

Then, you want to decide on an engagement strategy per tier. Perhaps for high tier accounts you immediately escalate all tickets that come in to high priority, or you schedule a task for the CSM to check in once a month. Document your plan per tier before moving to the implementation phase. 

I would recommend creating a Company level field for "tier" and then re-importing your company list and updating this field for all of  your tiers. 

From there, you can create lists in HubSpot of contacts by company tier, and start using those lists as enrollment criteria for workflows. For instance, you could have a ticket workflow that runs whenever a ticket is created and checks if the company Tier is A, and if so updates the ticket priority to high. You could also have a date based or recurring workflow that assigns a task for the company owner ever 90 days for your Tier B accounts. 

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get started, but if you need further help, reach out to us and we would be delighted to open an engagement with you: www.aptitude8.com 

A8 Labs

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Connorj13
Solution

Help Needed!

SOLVE

Let's start with the strategy. You are going to want to start by defining "tier" for all of your customers. This could be by company size, revenue value, or some other metric you want to segment by or a blend. Once you have decided on your tiers, export all of your active customers and assign them to a tier. 

Then, you want to decide on an engagement strategy per tier. Perhaps for high tier accounts you immediately escalate all tickets that come in to high priority, or you schedule a task for the CSM to check in once a month. Document your plan per tier before moving to the implementation phase. 

I would recommend creating a Company level field for "tier" and then re-importing your company list and updating this field for all of  your tiers. 

From there, you can create lists in HubSpot of contacts by company tier, and start using those lists as enrollment criteria for workflows. For instance, you could have a ticket workflow that runs whenever a ticket is created and checks if the company Tier is A, and if so updates the ticket priority to high. You could also have a date based or recurring workflow that assigns a task for the company owner ever 90 days for your Tier B accounts. 

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get started, but if you need further help, reach out to us and we would be delighted to open an engagement with you: www.aptitude8.com 

A8 Labs

JJohn88

Help Needed!

SOLVE

Thank you so much Connor. This has explained it brilliantly.

0 Upvotes
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Help Needed!

SOLVE

@JJohn88 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I'm a new product ops manager in my company. I've just been given a task by my product manager and i was wondering if it was something that could be solved by hubspot or if any other tool/CRM tool can achieve this. I'll really appreciate all the help possible. The company is a fintech company and the task is listed below:

'As our company grows, client management becomes a greater challenge, because it is important to give each client a tailored experience to ensure we are satisfying all user needs. For some partners, this might be resolving support escalations once in a while when problems arise. For larger clients, this could be frequent checks in and early access to new features. As a result, a process to track new clients and determine the right relationship structure for each client is vital.
We'll need to create a system to achieve the following - monitor new clients, segment clients into different tiers, and alert all teams that support client management (e.g. Customer Success, Product)'

Thank you in advance!

@Connorj13 Connor, I'm wondering if you can weigh in here - what do you think about this question?

0 Upvotes