💬 RevOps Discussions

GinaSabelli
Membro

Getting Playbook Information Out of HubSpot

resolver

Hi All!

We are working on getting playbooks set up for our sales process, and a problem we are facing is that there is currently no way to export the information out of HubSpot. We would ideally like to get this infomation out of HubSpot to give it to the person working with the client so they can best understand the needs of the client from the start. These people would not have access to HubSpot.

So we are wondering if anyone has a work around for getting the info out of HubSpot. Or if this is a similar issue that others are facing?

Thanks! 

1 Solução aceita
HadarS
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Ah okay! In that case, you can save your playbook questions into HubSpot properties and then trigger an email that contains these property values as personalization tokens in the email. That would be another way to get it out of HubSpot in an automated fashion!

Exibir solução no post original

8 Respostas 8
vanessahunt
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

@GinaSabelli I've not tested myself, but if you output the Playbook data to a Note, does that include any Notes you added as part of the Playbook?

As others have mentioned, you can also output to Properties if you are on Enterprise (but I'm not sure that will handle the fact that someone may have modified a property after you submitted the Playbook responses).  

0 Avaliação positiva
cooperelias
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey @GinaSabelli - wanted to chime in with a workaround that I've done. We have playbooks that are used to update contact info in another system, and another that is for submitting referrals that are collected. In both cases I didn't want that to trigger an automation and webhook until the user had completed the playbook. Setting enrollment based on [property] is known for something being updated through playbooks is dangerous, because it autosaves while the user is typing, so I had partially entered data getting passed through at first. 

Anyway, what I did was create a property for an "action" and put it at the end of the playbook. When the user gets to the end, they click on the "Update in [other system]" or "Send email" property choice, and it's safe to trigger the workflow enrollment from that. Screenshot of this can be seen here - in my case I gave the user several options for which action they could trigger.

@HadarS- it would be great to see playbooks added as an activity option for workflow enrollment. For example, [Playbook name] has been completed. You can kind of do this now if it's set to be logged as a call, but then you run into re-enrollment limitations.

HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@cooperelias Great points here! Would you be able to share your use case and vote on the Idea here? https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automate-Workflow-From-Playbook-Submission/idi-p/3095... This is where the Product team goes to assess ideas based on level of customer interest.

0 Avaliação positiva
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @GinaSabelli - what system does your client team work out of? In playbooks you have the option to save your Q&As into HubSpot properties. Then, you could sync the answers into that system.  

Additional note: it doesn't cost money to add users to your portal that have Contacts View access. Is there any reason not to give the client team visibility into the records in HubSpot? Typically, this can also help with alignment between sales>onboarding>customer success since they're looking at the same record and history of engagement.

0 Avaliação positiva
GinaSabelli
Membro

resolver

Hi,

Thanks for the replay. We are using our own proprietary software which does not currently integrate with HubSpot. I like the suggestion for the future though if it ever does integrate with HubSpot.

We have too many people we would need to add to give each employee a user account. There would also be issues with ownership within HubSpot. A good thought though. 

0 Avaliação positiva
HadarS
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Ah okay! In that case, you can save your playbook questions into HubSpot properties and then trigger an email that contains these property values as personalization tokens in the email. That would be another way to get it out of HubSpot in an automated fashion!

SOMeagher
Participante

resolver

Hi, we currently do as you suggest - adding in the playbook responses as personalistion tokens for a provider we refer leads to. This is set up as an automation.

The trouble with this is that this doesn't capture any additional notes that the sales rep will have added to give context the to answer. It would be great to have a way to send the playbook (call) transcript, as you can view under the contact record. This includes answers to the questions PLUS any notes the rep added. 

Thanks

GinaSabelli
Membro

resolver

Thanks so much!

0 Avaliação positiva