💬 RevOps Discussions

Aaskarovo

File upload

SOLVE

Hello,

I have an excel spreadsheet with contact records that I like to uplooad to HubSpot. There are two text free comments columns in the spreadsheet. I'd like to upload this list and see these comments on the record level.

Is these a way to add these comments to the notes? Or the solution is to create additional text field?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

File upload

SOLVE

Hi @Aaskarovo,

Both is possible. If you map these free texts into contact properties, you would have to make sure they're named in a way that everyone will find them and that they're not accidentally overwritten.

If you import them as notes, the big benefit is that they'll appear on the contact record timeline and you can also pin them to the top of the record, if needed.

If you have two notes per contact record, you can import multiple objects (contacts + notes) in one import process. You can find examples of sample import files here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/import-and-export/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associ...

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

File upload

SOLVE

Hi @Aaskarovo,

Both is possible. If you map these free texts into contact properties, you would have to make sure they're named in a way that everyone will find them and that they're not accidentally overwritten.

If you import them as notes, the big benefit is that they'll appear on the contact record timeline and you can also pin them to the top of the record, if needed.

If you have two notes per contact record, you can import multiple objects (contacts + notes) in one import process. You can find examples of sample import files here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/import-and-export/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associ...

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Aaskarovo

File upload

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you for that.

This was very helpful.

Have a great day

Oren

0 Upvotes