💬 RevOps Discussions

SJoshi94

Difficulty reporting historical MQL numbers since 'Became MQL date' is dynamic!

SOLVE

Background:

Every time someone downloads a BOFU form (Request a demo, pricing etc) on our website we MQL them (lifecycle stage = MQL) and assign them to our sales team. 

Concern: 

'Became a MQL date' is a dynamic field and updates every time lifecycle stage = MQL. This creates an issue when we're looking at historical MQL numbers for our business. For example, let's say John gets MQLed in Jan 2022 - I run a report at month end and I see John in the tally for Jan 2022 MQL numbers (Great!). Now let's say a month later in Feb 2022, John downloads another BOFU form and gets re-MQLed. So now if I run another month end report, John is part of the Feb 2022 tally, not Jan! 

This is creating an issue reporting historical MQL numbers because the data is always changing. What are your thoughts? How do/would you deal with this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJoshi94,

I tried to reproduce this on my end but I'm not able to. (I'm checking this on the property history of a test contact.)

I've tried submitting a form with a hidden field which set the same Lifecycle stage the contact was already in. The property value did not change, the Lifecycle stage property does not log the same value and the Became a ... date property did not update either.

I tested whether a workflow update would behave differently and couldn't reproduce the behavior you're describing either.

The only scenario where I can see the date being logged again is first resetting/clearing the Lifecycle stage property and then setting it again.

Could you share more details how you tested/verified that the date was updated? Is Lifecycle stage a hidden field on your BOFU forms?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
RSudmantaite

SOLVE

Hi hi! We are building a hubspot integration do report on historical data. Check it out (not out until q2 but could be useful) www.lavametrics.com

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJoshi94,

I tried to reproduce this on my end but I'm not able to. (I'm checking this on the property history of a test contact.)

I've tried submitting a form with a hidden field which set the same Lifecycle stage the contact was already in. The property value did not change, the Lifecycle stage property does not log the same value and the Became a ... date property did not update either.

I tested whether a workflow update would behave differently and couldn't reproduce the behavior you're describing either.

The only scenario where I can see the date being logged again is first resetting/clearing the Lifecycle stage property and then setting it again.

Could you share more details how you tested/verified that the date was updated? Is Lifecycle stage a hidden field on your BOFU forms?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.