💬 RevOps Discussions

MReberry

Deactivation of HubSpot & Email Sends

SOLVE

We are currently in the process of moving to a different tool and our date to deactivate HubSpot takes place on August 26th. While most of our assets, lists, templates, workflows, etc have already been rebuilt on the new tool, I'm not quite sure what will happen to any emails that we send between now and the deactivation date.

For example, if we sent out a transition email to our customers on August 24th, but a customer doesn't interact with the email until August 26th or later (after deactivation) what will they see? Will they still be able to see and interact with that email or will is show up as an error?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MReberry, good question! I think that HubSpot Support would be able to answer this question the best, but I'll share some quick thoughts.

I believe that any emails you send prior to the deactivation date will successfully send, but you need to watch out for any HubSpot-hosted assets. If an image used in an email is stored in HubSpot and HubSpot goes away, that image would no longer appear within the email. If you have the web version of an email enabled, that also uses a HubSpot-hosted link which would be unavailable after your deactivation date. And of course, any HubSpot-hosted pages (blog, website, landing page, meetings link) linked within your email would no longer be live (make sure you have redirects in place for any existing pages btw).

Honestly, I would recommend sending your transition email from the new platform. Keep in mind that you wouldn't be able to see any engagement metrics on that email or easily resend to non-engagers if you send it from HubSpot. Since you're sunsetting HubSpot, it makes sense to get as much moving in the new platform as you can.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MReberry,

Marketing emails are referencing images and links – these might break on the day of deactivation. I see multiple options here:

1. You make sure that everything which is referenced in your HubSpot marketing email is redirected. For any asset that is linked from your email, you might want to do this anyway, regardless of email marketing. There might be other places where otherwise soon-to-be broken links might be in use (search engines, other website or landing pages, even older emails).
  2. In addition or alternatively to point 1, you could create your HubSpot email only referencing assets created in the new tool (not linking any image from the HubSpot file manager or any page created in HubSpot).
  3. You send the transition email from the new tool and link only assets created in the new tool. In this case, you don't have to think about things breaking much in your email, but you should still make sure that HubSpot links don't break on August 26 but are being redirected before that date.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CTA9
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @MReberry,

The simple answer to your query is that use the new tool for all activities because most of the things are ready on it. And after the deactivation of your HS account, every asset which is hosted on this platform will stop working.

Note: You can redirect all the assets to a new domain before the deactivation of your account to avoid broken link issues.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MReberry,

Marketing emails are referencing images and links – these might break on the day of deactivation. I see multiple options here:

1. You make sure that everything which is referenced in your HubSpot marketing email is redirected. For any asset that is linked from your email, you might want to do this anyway, regardless of email marketing. There might be other places where otherwise soon-to-be broken links might be in use (search engines, other website or landing pages, even older emails).
  2. In addition or alternatively to point 1, you could create your HubSpot email only referencing assets created in the new tool (not linking any image from the HubSpot file manager or any page created in HubSpot).
  3. You send the transition email from the new tool and link only assets created in the new tool. In this case, you don't have to think about things breaking much in your email, but you should still make sure that HubSpot links don't break on August 26 but are being redirected before that date.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @MReberry, good question! I think that HubSpot Support would be able to answer this question the best, but I'll share some quick thoughts.

I believe that any emails you send prior to the deactivation date will successfully send, but you need to watch out for any HubSpot-hosted assets. If an image used in an email is stored in HubSpot and HubSpot goes away, that image would no longer appear within the email. If you have the web version of an email enabled, that also uses a HubSpot-hosted link which would be unavailable after your deactivation date. And of course, any HubSpot-hosted pages (blog, website, landing page, meetings link) linked within your email would no longer be live (make sure you have redirects in place for any existing pages btw).

Honestly, I would recommend sending your transition email from the new platform. Keep in mind that you wouldn't be able to see any engagement metrics on that email or easily resend to non-engagers if you send it from HubSpot. Since you're sunsetting HubSpot, it makes sense to get as much moving in the new platform as you can.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
PKorkov

SOLVE

@jolle wrote:

Hope this helps!!

Hello! Indeed, switching to a new platform helped.

0 Upvotes