💬 RevOps Discussions

leenalzubi

Automating Updating Line Items

SOLVE

Hi there!

I am trying to automate the following:

Our CSMs create a renewal deal --> deal created --> renewal type is upsell --> upsell deal created --> CSM closes upsell, eg. 1 (new) line item in it --> CSM has to go back to renewal deal and manually update line items.

The upsell deal is created from within the renewal deal. How can we automate the updating line items in the renewal deal? 

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @leenalzubi, thanks for reaching out!

As far as I know, there unfortunately isn't an out-of-the-box solution for automating the creation of line items.

That said, you're not the only person asking for this functionality! Here are some awesome threads that should be able to help you out or at least get you started:

1. Line items in workflows
  2. Workflow triggers based on line items

I also strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum. It looks like another user asked for the ability to copy line items, and that post has gained some traction, so feel free to join the conversation!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

aleeintellect
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

This is possible via Zapier, by associating the deals, fetching line items from the first deal and adding them to the second deal.  HubSpot's quoting and line item functionality is by far the weakest area of their technology, in my opinion.  Hopefully more native functionality to address common needs like this is in the pipeline.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
HBevan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Folks - I'm pleased to say there is now an out-of-the-box solution for automating the creation of line items! It's an app we've created called LinePilot

You can easily configure groups of products to add to your deals, triggered when a deal is created, the deal stage changes or through a workflow. The best bit is you can bring in deal properties to use as values AND we de-dupe the line items so you'll always have clean data.

Please do check it out!

Harry,

Founder @ Weave+Blend

0 Upvotes
aleeintellect
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

This is possible via Zapier, by associating the deals, fetching line items from the first deal and adding them to the second deal.  HubSpot's quoting and line item functionality is by far the weakest area of their technology, in my opinion.  Hopefully more native functionality to address common needs like this is in the pipeline.

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @leenalzubi, thanks for reaching out!

As far as I know, there unfortunately isn't an out-of-the-box solution for automating the creation of line items.

That said, you're not the only person asking for this functionality! Here are some awesome threads that should be able to help you out or at least get you started:

1. Line items in workflows
  2. Workflow triggers based on line items

I also strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum. It looks like another user asked for the ability to copy line items, and that post has gained some traction, so feel free to join the conversation!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature