💬 RevOps Discussions

BLandry9

Active List filter

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am trying to make an active list.  Is it possible to do this using any of the following factors?

• Subscription 
  • Campain 
  • Who sent the email 
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active List filter

SOLVE

Hi @BLandry9,

Can you please be a bit more specific? I'm not clear on whether you're referring to marketing email or to sales emails.

It is not possible to filter contacts by marketing emails sent by a certain HubSpot user. It is possible to filter contacts by sales emails sent by a certain HubSpot user, as described above.

It is possible to filter contacts by whether they received a marketing email with a certain subscription type, as described above. Since sales emails do not have a subscription type, this is not possible with sales emails.

It is not possible to filter directly whether a contact has received any email from a specific campaign.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active List filter

SOLVE

Hi @BLandry9,

If by subscription you're referring to email subscription type, then yes:

karstenkoehler_1-1665635135891.png

If by subscription you're referring to a subscription to your services / products, then it depends on how you set this up. If this information is stored in a custom contact property or a custom object that is associated with the contact object, then you should see it also listed in the screenshot above.

Campaigns can not be referenced in lists, you would have to include touchpoints like:

• Form submissions (see first screenshot)
  • contact property Recent conversion: the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).
  • Ads interactions
  • Marketing Emails
  • etc

Regarding 'Who sent the email', this is possible for sales emails, not marketing emails. To filter for contacts who were sent an email by a specific user, choose Activity properties and filter for Activity type 'Email sent to contact' and 'Activity created by' specifying the user.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
BLandry9

Active List filter

SOLVE

Hello, 

None of those are doing exactly what I want. The idea is to make an active suppression list. If anyone has received an email from this person, this subscription, or this campaign then they would be added to the list.  It doesn't need to be all of the filters, but that is what all the emails have in common. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active List filter

SOLVE

Hi @BLandry9,

Can you please be a bit more specific? I'm not clear on whether you're referring to marketing email or to sales emails.

It is not possible to filter contacts by marketing emails sent by a certain HubSpot user. It is possible to filter contacts by sales emails sent by a certain HubSpot user, as described above.

It is possible to filter contacts by whether they received a marketing email with a certain subscription type, as described above. Since sales emails do not have a subscription type, this is not possible with sales emails.

It is not possible to filter directly whether a contact has received any email from a specific campaign.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes