💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

What's your favorite tool (besides HubSpot)?

Forgetting about HubSpot for a second. There are a ton of amazing apps out there that help us with our operations or fill a very specific niche need. What kind of app do you heavily rely on, and why?

The app landscape is ever-changing, so let's share! Let's get a list going.

5 Replies 5
JelaniCartfuel

Loom is probably the app I use everyday in and out of business. Being able to record quickly and share that recording is priceless. I always say showing is better than telling. 

Runner up would be RoamResearch for safekeeping twitter threads, notes, to-do lists, etc. 

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Todoist is at the top of my list. From simple to-do lists to organizing my thoughts, it's my most consistently used tool.

Four things I love:

It accepts natural language - ie Call my Mom every Sunday at 6 PM  or Remember to sign out of Slack at 6 PM M-F 
I can use Markdown to add formatting to my notes 

It works great for Mental Models for clear thinking such as the Eisenhower Matrix 
Todoist has Board views! (Trello is great but I love having this feature available inside of Todoist)

Great topic!

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

I could take the "easy" route and say Slack... it seems like 90% of the world now lives either in Slack or Teams.  But I find both (for the most part) annoying and intrusive, more than helpful!

The app I couldn't live without is Todoist.  For those who aren't aware, it's a task management app - I permanently have 3 tabs open in Chrome: my Outlook calendar, my Tasks list in HubSpot, and Todoist.  Whether you prefer lists or kanban boards, Todoist is a great way of getting your work-life organised!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @AdamLPW,

Slack or Teams is definitly a big one. Besides Chrome that's an application I almost never shut off. Interesting to hear why you find it more annoying and intrusive than helpful? Too many DM's coming your way?

I've heard great things about Todoist for some time now and I've been thinking of trying it out.  Will definitly give it a go now!

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @jbogaert

Just dug out this article from the New Yorker that I read towards the tail end of last year - https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/slack-is-the-right-tool-for-the-wrong-way-to-work

Struck many chords with me.  We've been using Slack for about 5 years, but have all been working from home for the last 15 months and Slack messaging has spiralled out of control.  I regularly ask colleagues if, pre-Slack, they would have bothered me with a phone call or email about X and the answer is almost always "no".  The notifications are hard to ignore and just leave you having to catch up with discussions if you DO manage to ignore them.  It's like being in a meeting with no minutes at the end - you kind of have to read the transcription of the whole meeting in reverse chronological order to catch up!!

In short: Slack and Teams are great collaboration tools but kill my productivity.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"