💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

Welcome to the OpsLife community! Introduce yourself here 💬

OpsLife is HubSpot's newest community for Operations professionals. Whether you're in Marketing Ops, Sales Ops, Customer Success Ops, RevOps, or another type of Ops role -- we're here to provide a home for the content, education, and resources you need. And if we're going to be living here, we should get to know each other!

If you're here in this community, introduce yourself in this thread to meet and start a conversation with other Ops professionals.

Feel free to mention what tools, processes, or responsibilities you are focused on. Starting to share these details can help you connect with someone who might be in the same type of role or company.

Happy networking,

Maggie

133 Respostas 133
jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

Hi Chris! It's amazing to have a HubSpot and Ops expert here in the community! Thanks for your suggestion! Feel free to share any others with us, I'm sure we can all learn a lot from you 😄 

jpsanchez
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

HI all 😉

Great to be here also! , working in a solving problem frameworks from 09:00 to 17:00. Data Science and last year learning Data Enginering and System Admin. Great to be also here! 

JP

😉

jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

Hi JP! Wonderful to have you here too and learn from your problem-solving expertise!  

rlopez
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Hi @maggiebutler and friends 🙂

I'm Rafael from Spain. My role is Head of Marketing in a dental management software company. Now I'm working on the interconnection between our license system and HubSpot CRM. I am happy to share and learn with all of you.

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram
jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

Hi Rafael! Great to meet you and welcome to our community! 
Looks like you're really getting in the weeds of the complex world of HubSpot integrations. Feel free to share any strategies or best practices you found along the way with everyone here. I'm sure we can learn a lot from you 😄 

bethgoulet
Participante

Hey Ops Community!

I'm currently the Marketing Director at a small, Boston-based startup called Edmit. Edmit brings ROI analysis to the college search process, enabling students and families to find post-secondary options that are the best financial fit for them, leaving both student and family better off after college.

We use HubSpot as our CRM, Customer.io for user outreach and app engagement, and Actiondesk for reporting, to name just a few of the tools we leverage.

I am a former HubSpot support rep (#PortSpot) and previously worked at Southern New Hampshire University as a leader on the Marketing Ops team. I'll be transitioning into the first and only RevOps position on my team soon, so I'll be building the function from the ground up and am looking forward to seeing what others are doing across the Ops board!

FelipeFelix
Top colaborador(a)

Hi everyone!

I'm working with automations, process and operations helping a variety of my company's teams (from Finance to Sales and Marketing). My main role is to automate proccess and make the company's different operations as efficient as possible with Ticket/Deal automation, task, notifications and others tools.

Hoping to better use HS in the future for Marketing Insights, Analytics and Ads!

Best regards,

Felix

AsadZulfahri
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks again @maggiebutler for hosting the Live Ops Chat session with me today! Hope we can do more soon 😄

Hey everyone, I'd like to officially introduce myself to the #OpsLife community.

I joined HubSpot in November 2020 as part of the PieSync acquisition and wow it has been an incredible journey 🚀   FYI, I've previously worked on SEO & Marketing for companies like Zapier, Tray.io, Close.com, Troops.ai. So as you can see, I've been around SaaS & iPaaS quite a while now.

Other than SEO/Marketing, I've also worked with various growing startups in assessing their tech stack and help them optimize data integration workflows. Having first-hand knowledge at how they run Marketing & Rev Ops, I understand the pain and complexities of trying to glue everything together.

Looking forward to connecting and sharing my experience with other Ops professionals here. And if you have any SaaS or iPaaS related questions, give me a shout!

rwilliams
Participante

Hi there

I am new to HubSpot and I am looking for the best approach for B2B email marketing - For example, I want to purchase data of dental practices and email them about taking on apprentices with our college. Could you point me in the right direction?

Connorj13

Hey there @MrWilde! I would use a list service like zoom info, clearbit, or Hunter.io to build a target list. From there you should develop messaging and some assets in the marketing side to drive them to (think a guide to why apprenticeship is right for your dental practice) and then move to more agressive sales from there.

I’d use sequences for sales hub feeding into marketing hub forms and workflows to manage nurturing.

We’d be happy to help of course: connor@aptitude8.com if you want to chat more!

A8 Labs

mindirosser
Membro

Excited to be a part of this group and learn from other sales and marketing ops professionals. I've been using HubSpot with clients for a number of years, but I have not yet mastered all of the basics and hidden features. Looking to learn more!

maggiebutler
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

@mindirosser wrote:

Excited to be a part of this group and learn from other sales and marketing ops professionals. I've been using HubSpot with clients for a number of years, but I have not yet mastered all of the basics and hidden features. Looking to learn more!

@mindirosser Thanks for introducing yourself and great to meet you! I know what you mean about finding hidden features or shortcuts; sometimes just hearing how someone else does something to be more efficient/effective with their work can be really useful. What tips do you have for fellow Ops pros who use HubSpot? Maybe if you share one, that will inspire someone else to do so... let us know what you've got!

0 Avaliação positiva
mindirosser
Membro

One tip that I've found very helpful is using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension when I'm in Gmail to track messages, opens, correspondence. I wished it worked in Mailplane, but I think it's a must-have when doing prospect outreach/follow-up.

Connorj13

Hello! 

I'm Connor, CEO of www.Aptitude8.com We're a technical consulting firm with a Hubspot practice and are a Hubspot Diamond Partner. 

We have consultants, developers, and solutions architects in house that work with customers to engineer solutions to their most pressing problems. Our favorite things to work with on Hubspot are workflows, APIs, and custom objects with a blossoming interest in CMS Hub. 

A8 Labs

maggiebutler
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

@Connorj13 wrote:

Hello! 

I'm Connor, CEO of www.Aptitude8.com We're a technical consulting firm with a Hubspot practice and are a Hubspot Diamond Partner. 

We have consultants, developers, and solutions architects in house that work with customers to engineer solutions to their most pressing problems. Our favorite things to work with on Hubspot are workflows, APIs, and custom objects with a blossoming interest in CMS Hub. 

@Connorj13 Connor, excited to have you in the Community, thanks for introducing yourself! I wonder, do you have one piece of advice / lesson learned that you can share for someone who is starting to build automation - no matter what tools they use, what are the best practices? And if you are using HubSpot to do it - any tips or tricks?

0 Avaliação positiva
Connorj13

Absolutely!

The biggest thing I would recommend starting with is a process diagram and a systems map. Ensure you know how things flow now and build out a current state. 

Then, map out a future state diagram of how you want things to work. You can then plot the path from the above to what you want to build. 

If its hubspot, do AS MUCH AS YOU CAN using workflows. Workflows are amazing. If you build workflow extensions you can do amazing things, but the more you actually manage your data flow natively the better you are going to be able to change and adapt as you scale. 

A8 Labs

maggiebutler
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

@Connorj13 wrote:

Absolutely!

The biggest thing I would recommend starting with is a process diagram and a systems map. Ensure you know how things flow now and build out a current state. 

Then, map out a future state diagram of how you want things to work. You can then plot the path from the above to what you want to build. 

If its hubspot, do AS MUCH AS YOU CAN using workflows. Workflows are amazing. If you build workflow extensions you can do amazing things, but the more you actually manage your data flow natively the better you are going to be able to change and adapt as you scale. 

@Connorj13 this is really actionable advice. Do you have a sample systems map or process diagram you'd be willing to share? In fact, I'll send you an email about this, since I owe you a return one soon anyway. 🙂 I ask because I'd like to share that with the Community if you're willing and see if it's helpful content for others starting out.

0 Avaliação positiva
thekwhour
Participante

Glad to be here. Look forward to some ideas as I learn this awesome tool.  I operate a renewable energy company.  We are just a garage startup and hoping to be on solid foundatuion for many decades to come.  I got the phone button working to make calls and the features it provides has my head spinning with ideas.  

maggiebutler
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

@thekwhour wrote:

Glad to be here. Look forward to some ideas as I learn this awesome tool.  I operate a renewable energy company.  We are just a garage startup and hoping to be on solid foundatuion for many decades to come.  I got the phone button working to make calls and the features it provides has my head spinning with ideas.  

@thekwhour Thanks for introducing yourself, really happy to have you here! I'd love to know, what are some of the things you are hoping to learn or read about in OpsLife? What kind of challenges are you facing right now? I'd love to make sure we are a great resource for you. Let us know! 

0 Avaliação positiva
thekwhour
Participante

I am hoping to see what the potential I can do with the software for my company.  I got the justcall feature working which is awesome. I want to get Hellosign functioning correctly which right now it is not. Then hope to build into Hubspot the other processes.

BTW the Xero/Hubspot connection is backwards in my opinion.  I dont want to clog my accounting software with leads, ops, etc.  I would like to send a Hubspot contact to Xero at click of a button.  Not xero to hubspot.  🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
charliepinker
Colaborador(a)

Thanks for the head up Sharon, I'll keep an eye on the community!

I work in a small agile product team so I do pretty much everything apart from development - Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and I do all the ops stuff to support that. Hubspot powers our website, marketing, sales and CRM, and I use Zapier to push/pull data from/to it to other systems like Calendly and Intercom. One day we'll do it via the API.

Our main area of focus currently is marketing insights. E.g. how do we best analyse and interpret the performance of existing marketing activities to inform what best to do next, and what key metrics should we be monitoring. We've had some temporary marketing assistance and are now hiring for a permanent position in the team so hopefully that person will be able to help with this, as me and the boss aren't expects in marketing by any stretch of the imagination!

We are also implementing Chargebee for subscription management and invoicing, so no doubt there will be a bunch of work to get the information flowing between the two systems. I always try and automate wherever possible.