💬 RevOps Discussions

ITMarketer
Contributor

Tracking Pop-Up Forms

SOLVE

I want to use a pop-up form to share a file. But, I don't want the contact to have to enter  info to get the asset, just click 'download' button.

My issue is HubSpot doesn't track these as clicks on an individual level so I don't have visibility into what contacts view the file. Is there a workaround for this or should I just use a different pop-up CTA module?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
hsshane
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Tracking Pop-Up Forms

SOLVE

Hey @ITMarketer! When you choose the File Download option when creating a Pop-up, the form step is skipped and for this reason HubSpot does not treat clicks on the pop-up as form submissions. I will however make our product team aware that this is what your preferred solution is. 

In terms of workarounds, the following options are available:

1) Include a form step in the Pop-up where the visitors email address is captured (I understand this goes against the requirements you outlined in your post)

2) Use a HubSpot CTA instead with the URL Redirect Type set to File Link in it's settings. This would be my suggestion. By choosing this option it will allow you to easily create lists of contacts who have either seen or clicked the CTA. Having the CTA appear in a pop-up would require some custom development, however inspiration on achieveing this can be found in posts such as this one.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
hsshane
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Tracking Pop-Up Forms

SOLVE

Hey @ITMarketer! When you choose the File Download option when creating a Pop-up, the form step is skipped and for this reason HubSpot does not treat clicks on the pop-up as form submissions. I will however make our product team aware that this is what your preferred solution is. 

In terms of workarounds, the following options are available:

1) Include a form step in the Pop-up where the visitors email address is captured (I understand this goes against the requirements you outlined in your post)

2) Use a HubSpot CTA instead with the URL Redirect Type set to File Link in it's settings. This would be my suggestion. By choosing this option it will allow you to easily create lists of contacts who have either seen or clicked the CTA. Having the CTA appear in a pop-up would require some custom development, however inspiration on achieveing this can be found in posts such as this one.

NM_AuerSignal
Participant

Tracking Pop-Up Forms

SOLVE

I would also appreciate this. I also cannot track a click on a button that is in my pop up form... 

0 Upvotes