💬 RevOps Discussions

ctgrev1
Participant

Testing Forms with Google Optimize

Hi all!

I'm trying to A/B test forms using Google Optimize but running into some problems. The code for the form on the website doesn't line up with anything in my embed code.

There was an old Hubspot forum post about this, but the answer doesn't seem to work anymore (page deleted). Does anyone have insight here they'd be willing to share about how they've solved this problem?

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ctgrev1
Participant

I had a long conversation with support about this and discovered that the formID that's used in optimize isn't created for a Hubspot form until it's live on a web page. 

The previous help article's solution isn't accessible for me (the link to the solve appears dead) but this insight that putting the form live elsewhere on the site is the key was hugely helpful. 

0 Upvotes
jfields
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ctgrev1 I noticed this is an older post but it has a recent answer as of 2 weeks ago: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/A-B-Testing-Hubspot-Forms-with-Google-Optimize/m... Is this the one you are referring to or have you tried that latest option posted by damianmakki?

If that isn't helpful, I'll check some other resources but let me know!