💬 RevOps Discussions

Jason1969
Participant

Salesforce and Hubspot Dedupe rules and Intergartion

SOLVE

Salesforce and Hubspot rules – dedupe down.

We have integrated our 2 systems (Salesforce and Hubspot), only have contacts in our systems and when we dedupe contacts it is done in SF (dedupe and cleaning work done in SF), it deletes the contacts in SF and Hubspot (settings). Most fields are set to integrated but some are not.

Question

We have emails subscriptions/preference centre information only held on the contact in hubspot, if we dedupe contacts will this information linked to them this will move across into the contact that is left (master) when done in SF?

If we merge a contact in SF will all the information move across in Hubspot to the master from the non-master, if some of the information is only held in Hubspot?

Any other issues with dedupe and SF and Hubspot I need to look out for, any guidance would be great.

Many thanks

Jason

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Jason1969! I'm a bit late to the party here. 

To answer your question, merging a contact in Salesforce will move all of the content from one contact/lead to the master in Salesforce. However, merging a lead in Salesforce is essentially deleting one lead while capturing the data from it before it goes. If your HubSpot sync settings are set to delete contacts/leads when deleted in Salesforce, their data from HubSpot will be deleted when the Salesforce record is deleted. If you have the setting to 'do nothing' in HubSpot when Salesforce records are deleted, you will need to go to HubSpot and manually merge the contacts. If you'd like all HubSpot data to be retained when merged, merge the contacts in HubSpot and then Salesforce.

Duplicate management is really tricky when Salesforce and HubSpot are integrated. Here are a few resources to help:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jason1969
Participant

SOLVE

Many thanks for the message.

I have the setting as 'do nothing' in HubSpot when Salesforce records are deleted.

I deleted in SF first and then go and find the 2 x contacts in Hubspot by their email address and dedupe them.

0 Upvotes
LaurenRyan

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Jason1969! I'm a bit late to the party here. 

To answer your question, merging a contact in Salesforce will move all of the content from one contact/lead to the master in Salesforce. However, merging a lead in Salesforce is essentially deleting one lead while capturing the data from it before it goes. If your HubSpot sync settings are set to delete contacts/leads when deleted in Salesforce, their data from HubSpot will be deleted when the Salesforce record is deleted. If you have the setting to 'do nothing' in HubSpot when Salesforce records are deleted, you will need to go to HubSpot and manually merge the contacts. If you'd like all HubSpot data to be retained when merged, merge the contacts in HubSpot and then Salesforce.

Duplicate management is really tricky when Salesforce and HubSpot are integrated. Here are a few resources to help:

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Jason1969 

Thank you for providing detailed information, I will add some top experts to share their ideas.

Hello @trevordjones@Aakar@Phil_Vallender any recommendations to @Jason1969 matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes