💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Moving from a supporting role to a strategic player

SOLVE

Hi all

As I was browsing the RevOps Co-Op community this morning I saw an amazing event they're hosting in late august that I wanted to share with everyone here: The RevOps Battle - How to Move from a Supporting to Strategic role as RevOps?

Honestly, this is such an important movement to address. It's no surprise that having RevOps function as a strategic player is the key to unlocking your company's scale, but how do you actually put theory to practice? It's not a secret that in order to change an org and succesfully persuade the C-levels, you have to overcome a lot of roadblocks and dead-ends.

I, for one, am looking forward to this webinar and I hope it offers some meaningful transformation strategies 😄

1 Accepted solution
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This is a question that teammates and I were recently discussing as well, @jbogaert. Many times, folks in RevOps roles are viewed as more technical teammates because of their robust knowledge of systems, integrations, data hygiene, etc. However, as anyone who works in RevOps roles knows, these are also the folks that likely have incredible experience/perspective that spans across the department that they work in. Because of their unique insight into the systems (e.g. CRM) and its usage, they're very likely to understand where there are current weak points in a strategy, and what the potential solutions might be to resolve this.

As a tangible example, members of a sales team may not be aware of all of the information being passed by a Product team via API back to HubSpot CRM. The sales team maybe sending sequences and not leveraging all of the data that is available to them that can significantly help with segementation. Why? Simply because they're unaware of what data is being passed to/stored in the CRM. This is one very basic example, but because of the amount of hands-on time that the RevOps team spends in the CRM, they likely can be a strategic force across sales, product, marketing, and customer experience teams.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This is a question that teammates and I were recently discussing as well, @jbogaert. Many times, folks in RevOps roles are viewed as more technical teammates because of their robust knowledge of systems, integrations, data hygiene, etc. However, as anyone who works in RevOps roles knows, these are also the folks that likely have incredible experience/perspective that spans across the department that they work in. Because of their unique insight into the systems (e.g. CRM) and its usage, they're very likely to understand where there are current weak points in a strategy, and what the potential solutions might be to resolve this.

As a tangible example, members of a sales team may not be aware of all of the information being passed by a Product team via API back to HubSpot CRM. The sales team maybe sending sequences and not leveraging all of the data that is available to them that can significantly help with segementation. Why? Simply because they're unaware of what data is being passed to/stored in the CRM. This is one very basic example, but because of the amount of hands-on time that the RevOps team spends in the CRM, they likely can be a strategic force across sales, product, marketing, and customer experience teams.

0 Upvotes