💬 RevOps Discussions

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

[JUN 9] Closed | Reporting Clinic with Nakul Kadaba

Inbound Consultant Nakul Kadaba ( @nkadaba ) is back in the Power User Community all day on Tuesday, June 9 to help you tackle your toughest reporting questions.

Curious about how to model your sales team's output more precisely or attribute marketing campaigns more accurately? Ask away below.

nakul.png

Post your tricky reporting questions in the thread. Take a look at your peers' questions, too, to see if you can lend your expertise!

8 Replies 8
jmcallister
Participant

This is great! I'm looking to do some reporting based on email sending domains. I know this is not available at the moment, but would be great to be able to split out reports based on that criteria. We have over 80 domains within our portal, all sending emails for different brands. Thanks!

Denise_Thijzen
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @jmcallister 

Thanks for your feedback! I'd love to log it in our internal system so that our product team is aware of this. 

Could you clarify the following:

- at a high level, what type of reporting you would like to see per domain (just a few examples you're thinking of)

- what is your hubid so I can log this request on your account

Thanks,
Denise

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Aaron-WC@kbarhoover, and @DanielHird have also brought some great ideas/questions around reporting in the past, too! Wanted to make sure you guys saw this

DanielHird
Participant

Thanks Lucy. Unfortunately I was off yesterday so missed the chance to chip in. Next time 🙂

0 Upvotes
nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @DanielHird

I wanted to check in on what your question was. I'm happy to assist via direct message.

Let me know.

Regards,

Nakul

0 Upvotes
Denise_Thijzen
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi team, 

This is going to be a great opportunity to ask my colleague Nakul any of your reporting questions!

We know some of you had indicated being interested in reporting, so wanted to make sure you're all aware of this opportunity! 

@ridingforlife @Max_at_Wave  @aporteus and @KatAddison 

Have a nice session!

Denise

skykick
Participant

Nakul,

Thank you for doing this.  I do have something that I'm trying to get put into a nice report. In our terminal its known as Partner Intent Score. This property allows acontact record to recive points for interations and basically then gives the contact a score which is to indicate how "hot" the contact is as it relates to our products.  

What I'm being asked to provide is some more insights beyond just the number score.  I've been asked how to show (by contact) why they have this score? What is it that they've done to give them 256 points? The issue that I have is that there is a list which has atleast 50+ triggers which give and take away points from contacts based on actions.  Think webinar sign up, webinar attendance, page visits, supoort emails etc. In a perfect world there would be some pretty pie chart, bar chart or something that could easily display this info.  Other than building 50+ lists and giving the sales folks access to see what lists the contact is a memeber of, I cant think of an easy way to accomplish this. 

I've also been asked to show changes in score over history.  Did they just move from a 130 and jumped to a 460? that person is obviously busy and an awesome lead.  But historical tracking for this property is an issue to pull up. 

I'd love some help trying to figure out how to pull these types of reports for my sales folks.  Thank you.  

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@skykick

Thanks for your message here. Interesting use of the custom lead scoring properties available in HubSpot. 

To help indicate what this contact(s) did to deserve this particular score, you can use properties as filters noting a "minimum threshold" - i.e. someone achieving MQL status, or indicating that they are a partner - and filtering that out to show their average score based on form submissions (number of unique form submissions - a contact property) or email engagement (many under contact properties).

It's not possible to show the progression of a contact through lead scoring right now, at least in a report, but i'm happy to submit feedback on your behalf to our product team to allow this capability. Some integrations may allow further nuances around this subject, such as this one: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/abm/madkudu. 

Let me know your thoughts here. 

0 Upvotes