💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

If you could describe the value of RevOps or operations in one sentence, what would it be?

As I've been learning about RevOps I have noticed that there isn't a lot of standardization of 'how operations should work' or clarity into this professional role. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here!) So when companies add an Ops team to fix what's broken, or to 'fill in the cracks' of the work that needs to be done, it can be hard to succinctly articulate the value of that person or org.

How would you describe the value of operations or RevOps in one sentence? Does that directly correlate to the value you are currently providing in your business? If not, what's the gap?

3 Replies 3
Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

If you could describe the value of RevOps or operations in one sentence, what would it be?

Great question, @maggiebutler.

I'd say that RevOps works across all revenue-generating areas of a business -- ultimately working to eliminate points of friction and streamline operations company-wide.

As far as if this correlates to where we are driving value in our business, I'd definitely say yes. We put a huge emphasis on systems and technology, as a huge portion of our customers come to us to solve complex needs such as an integration or migration. At the end of the day, the ability to have data seamlessly flow through the critical systems of a business makes sales, marketing and customer success teams that much more efficient and productive.

0 Upvotes
remingtonbegg
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

The value of RevOps is to seek balance and trade-offs between enhancing the customer experience and increasing an organization’s operational efficiency, velocity, profitability, and drive more revenue throughout the customer lifecycle.

MattBolian
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Revenue Operations (in HubSpot Terms): RevOps empowers organizations to look at the customer journey holistically, creating actionable insights, based on data, to drive the right processes and behaviors that reduce your friction tax- maximizing revenue and increasing profit. Practically speaking, it “integrates and aligns the operational functions that power the revenue engine into one strategic team,”(State of RevOps). It’s the hub between salesops, marketing ops, and customer success ops.

More in-depth video here on the value of RevOps is here