💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

INBOUND2020 x OpsLife - what did you learn this year about operations?

Whew! I am currently moderating a chat for INBOUND2020 (Conversational Marketing! Watch it if you missed it) and so many of us are talking about what we've learned so far from INBOUND2020.

When I was recovering from night one, I kept coming back to what Brian said during the Product Spotlight yesterday:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.02.30 AM.png

Did you also hear him mention the importantance of us Ops folks?!

What were your takeaways from INBOUND2020 this year? What can other Ops professionals learn from this year's content? Share your insights below!

5 Replies 5
Carolyn_M
Contributor

Ah! What an event! Personally, the keynote was the highlight for me. 

Very cool to hear a power house like HubSpot start to think about Ops professionals! We're an under loved segment of all companies, and hearing about the operations team during INBOUND makes me feel like people are starting to GET IT! 

Content Strategy for Retention was one session that some of my coworkers were chatting about - good content if you haven't tuned in. 

Thanks Maggie! 😄 

0 Upvotes
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Carolyn_M wrote:

Ah! What an event! Personally, the keynote was the highlight for me. 

Very cool to hear a power house like HubSpot start to think about Ops professionals! We're an under loved segment of all companies, and hearing about the operations team during INBOUND makes me feel like people are starting to GET IT! 

Content Strategy for Retention was one session that some of my coworkers were chatting about - good content if you haven't tuned in. 

Thanks Maggie! 😄 

@Carolyn_M I know exactly what you mean - people are definitely starting to get it. What kinds of metrics or goals do you use at your company to measure the effectiveness (or maybe the efficiency of) your Ops teams? I was just talking about this with a few folks this morning who work at different companies - this is a tricky challenge for some; it requires a lot of inputs and stakeholders. What do you think?

0 Upvotes
JenBerenguer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I loved the part about our future looking a lot more like 2020 than going back to the way it was in 2019 and this is key to success moving forward. Not only do we need to adapt, we need to embrace the changes and pivot to the new or we will become obsolete much faster than we would before. 

0 Upvotes
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@JenBerenguer wrote:

I loved the part about our future looking a lot more like 2020 than going back to the way it was in 2019 and this is key to success moving forward. Not only do we need to adapt, we need to embrace the changes and pivot to the new or we will become obsolete much faster than we would before. 

Yes @JenBerenguer! What do you think is the biggest major change for you? I keep thinking about how, with everyone virtually on Zoom now, using tools like JIRA or other projec-management tools becomes more important to stay aligned because with Zoom meetings, looking at screens during a meeting is always happening in lieu of in-room conversations. For Ops folks I think that's a nice perk - we're used to record-keeping in that way so now others are getting on board. What do you think?

0 Upvotes
JenBerenguer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Yes, @maggiebutler alignment is such a huge part (and challenge) of this new model of life, but I think professionally we're adapting quite well. I guess the biggest change is accepting that all these new ways of working and living may not be temporary and find opportunities to bring the human side to the screens, like empathy, flexibility, inclusion & belonging and taking proper time to bond at a human level and not only professional.

0 Upvotes