💬 RevOps Discussions

browlciba

I want to learn everything about RevOps

I just transitioned from digital marketing to a RevOps consulting startup and as the director of business development I will be responsible for creating the sales process. I need to understand the lingo and problems of my prospects to do this

3 Replies 3
JenBergren
Guide

Hi @browlciba!

Maggie has some great resources for you to start with!

Can you let me know if I am understanding correctly:

• You used to work in digital marketing
  • You recently got a new job at a RevOps consulting agency
  • Your new job is not in RevOps or in marketing anymore, the job is in sales/business development
  • You want to understand the potential clients of the RevOps consultancy so you can better sell to them
  • You are building the sales process so this business is in the very early stages (perhaps with no customers to interview for your research yet?)
  • You use HubSpot for many parts of your business, and/or possibly sell HubSpot, too

Is this correct? If not, can you correct it so we can all give you more tailored advice and help more?

Jen Bergren

Sr. Operations Manager
Remotish -- A HubSpot RevOps and WebOps agency

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

Hi @browlciba - welcome to the community. As @maggiebutler said, the RevOps Academy lessons are a great foundation to build on top of. Some common terms you'll hear thrown around in the RevOps community are things such as:

• API (application programming interface)
  • LCV (lifetime customer value, also sometimes referenced as LTV)
  • BI (business intelligence)
  • CRO (conversion rate optimization)
  • CAC (customer acquisition cost)
  • IPaaS (integration platform as a service, e.g. Workato, Operations Hub (data sync), etc.)
  • Object routing (how objects in a CRM such as contacts, companies, and deals are routed to different reps at an organization)
  • Friction (the pain points in a tech stack, between people, departments, or any other areas of an organization or its processes that is working against an efficient business / revenue growth)

There are a ton of acronyms that will eventually start to become second nature, but these are a few common terms to start thinking about in the meantime. Hope this helps.

🔔 If this post helped solve your problem or challenge, you can assist the community by marking it as a solution.

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@browlciba wrote:

I just transitioned from digital marketing to a RevOps consulting startup and as the director of business development I will be responsible for creating the sales process. I need to understand the lingo and problems of my prospects to do this

@browlciba We're so glad to have you here and we're excited to help you! One place you can start today is with our RevOps Academy lessons - they'll give you a good baseline to work from and hopefully bring up a ton more questions about RevOps that we can help you with. 🙂

re: the lingo, any words/phrases that you want to know more about today? I bet our other Community members will be able to help you there.

re: the problems of your prospects - what have you heard from them recently? Any problems you know you're already facing?