💬 RevOps Discussions

DonaldNg
Participant

How to Upload File to Property

SOLVE

As I know there is a field type, call "file" in the property. However, there is no button for us to upload any file to that property when editing the property in the contact? Does anyone know how to implement this type of property?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DonaldNg,

The file property type is designed for forms only. It cannot be used by HubSpot CRM users to upload files.

If you want to store files on a contact record, you would use the attachment feature for that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/add-and-remove-attachments-from-records

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DonaldNg and everyone,

Good news, this is now possible!

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KSmithIllumine8
Contributor

SOLVE

When I pull the object property data in using the HubL crm_objects() function, the new file properties just return an id number that doesn't seem like it can be used for displaying the image that has been uploaded to the file property.

Is there any way to display image files from the new file properties in our custom modules?

0 Upvotes
rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. We've delivered improvements to custom file properties in the CRM that are in beta as of today. These improvements will allow you to upload files to custom file properties, enabling use cases such as requiring files to be attached when a deal is created (for example). 

You can opt into the beta under Product Updates - "Improved file property experience in the CRM." Here's a quick demo of the functionality. 

0 Upvotes
KSmithIllumine8
Contributor

SOLVE

When I pull the object property data in using the HubL crm_objects() function, the new file properties just return an id number that doesn't seem like it can be used for displaying the image that has been uploaded to the file property.

Is there any way to display image files from the new file properties in our custom modules?

0 Upvotes
InnoVites
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Rachel,
thank you very much for delivering this long awaited feature. 

Could you please give us a few more details about this new property type? E.g. size limits, restrictions on file type, is it readeable via API, how is it integrated with Hubspots normal file management, etc?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
Jasper_Madrone
Participant

SOLVE

I created an app that may be able to relieve some of the pain here. It allows you to parse the contents of an uploaded form file property into a multi-line text property. You can then create filters to search through the text of the property. 

Supported file types are:

• PDF
  • JPG
  • JPEG
  • PNG
  • DOCX
  • DOC
  • TXT
  • XLSX

This is part of a standalone app I made that is currently in review for the marketplace. You can install a trial here if you want to check it out.

KOosthuizen
Participant

SOLVE

Would be very useful if you could trigger a workflow / Zapier flow when an Attachment / Note is added to a deal or if the file upload property could trigger this workflow provided a Hubspot CRM user is able to use it to upload a file 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DonaldNg,

This is not supported at the moment, unfortunately.

I've found a related product request in the HubSpot Ideas section. The product team reviews these based on popularity, you could leave an upvote and a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DonaldNg,

The file property type is designed for forms only. It cannot be used by HubSpot CRM users to upload files.

If you want to store files on a contact record, you would use the attachment feature for that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/add-and-remove-attachments-from-records

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

IHerman
Participant

SOLVE

We know, but the file property would be much more useful if we could attach a file with it. Sometimes I need to see files with patricular info attached to particular sections. The attachment section of the record is a cluttered unsearchable nightmare right now

DonaldNg
Participant

SOLVE

So there is any way to apply a filter to check who has or does not have an attachment in their contact?