💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
Modérateur HubSpot
Modérateur HubSpot

How did you get into (Revenue) Operations?

Résolue

Hi everyone!

I recently had a chat with one of our regular members, who told me that they'd been promoted internally. One of the challenges that came along with that, is the fact that they weren't all that experienced with HubSpot, tactically speaking, nor with RevOps strategy-wise. So they had to figure things out along the way, because as we all know in ops there's not much time to learn on the job.

So how did you get into Ops? Were you promoted internally, did you apply for the job? Let's hear your story!

1 Solution acceptée
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue
The interesting thing about RevOps roles is that I frequently hear how things just “evolved” for people and they were promoted from within. Many RevOps professionals spent their career working in sales and/or marketing roles, had technical experience, had passion for processes and organization, and then naturally became aligned with a RevOps role as industries began embracing the concept.

I share a similar story in that I spent my entire career in marketing roles, and was honestly doing RevOps functions for so many years before having a role that had this in the title. I think this is the case for more people than they even realize. Regardless of someone’s title — sales, marketing, operations, etc. — RevOps is more of an approach, a concept, and a way of approaching business. So many people already embrace these concepts, and as time goes on, more people will have these tangible titles and roles within their organizations.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
1 Réponse
Drew_Cohen
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue
The interesting thing about RevOps roles is that I frequently hear how things just “evolved” for people and they were promoted from within. Many RevOps professionals spent their career working in sales and/or marketing roles, had technical experience, had passion for processes and organization, and then naturally became aligned with a RevOps role as industries began embracing the concept.

I share a similar story in that I spent my entire career in marketing roles, and was honestly doing RevOps functions for so many years before having a role that had this in the title. I think this is the case for more people than they even realize. Regardless of someone’s title — sales, marketing, operations, etc. — RevOps is more of an approach, a concept, and a way of approaching business. So many people already embrace these concepts, and as time goes on, more people will have these tangible titles and roles within their organizations.
0 Votes