💬 RevOps Discussions

Rolf
Contributor

Help! Our company is acquired by another company that uses Microsoft Dynamics for marketing.

We use HubSpot CRM, CMS, Marketing and Sales for many years now. But that might change.

Today, we officially announced that our company was acquired by another tech firm, which is about three times our size, and they use Microsoft Dynamics CRM in combination with Microsoft Flow and Power Apps for workflows and other customizations.

I'll be blunt: We don't want to switch to Dynamics for many reasons.

Do you have experience with the switch from Dynamics to HubSpot? What are compelling reasons that I can put forth to build my case for HubSpot?

Please take a minute to help a fellow HubSpotter! I will be forever grateful!

Edit: Perhaps I should also mention that they use a Wordpress website currently, while ours is hosted and fully managed by and in HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jcj87
Contributor

Help! Our company is acquired by another company that uses Microsoft Dynamics for marketing.

Hi Rolph I have been working 4 years in a company that uses Dynamics as a core system and about 3 years ago we hire Hubspot as the commercial/marketing arm of MS dynamics. This is obviously a complex structure integration required but extremely needed for the size of the business.

The main benefits of hubspot over MS dynamics for me are:

- User experience: Hubspot 9 points - Dynamics 6 points

- Easy to integrate

- Hubspot is much more agile to include useful features identified in the field.

- Hubspot is, in fact, an all in one system right now. This could also be in the cons column since it is what it is and there is no space for customizations.

Hope this helps,

Jorge

brndnstwrt
Contributor

Hi Rolf,

We're a manufacturer in the biotech industry, and I led the charge to move away from Dynamics to HubSpot. Here were the most compelling reasons I used to make the switch:

• MS Dynamics (and Salesforce for that matter) almost mandate that you work with third-party agencies and developers to customize and modify your instance. This is costly and slows business processes down considerably.

• Usability is key with CRM platform adoption and usage, and MS Dynamics pales in comparison to the HubSpot UI. Sure, MS offers limitless functionality and customization options, but that comes with the tradeoff that usability will decline and maintenance costs will rise. A CRM with amazing functionality but no user adoption is much worse than a more limited CRM with an engaged user base.

• While Microsoft gives the illusion of an integrated ecosystem, that is mostly just superficial design to make them look cohesive. If you look under the hood, all the MS Dyanmics modules (ERP, CRM, Marketing Automation, Office) were built by vastly different teams and you have to manually integrated them to work together. So in reality, there is likely no difference in effort between hooking up HubSpot CRM to MS Dynamics ERP than there is integrating MS Dynamics CRM to MS Dyanmics ERP.

Hope that helps!

tyr
Participant

Thanks for this great response to Rolf's question. My company has been looking to migrate to Dynamics because IT has been sold on the benefits of the integrated ecosystem, but I'm seriously not loving the idea. 

Rolf
Contributor

Perhaps your IT department doesn't care about efficiency in the marketing department. That seems to be our case now. Last year our acquirers had a failed project connecting Dynamics CRM with GoToWebinar. I showed them (with a timer on) that this takes less than 20 seconds if they'd use HubSpot. They made it a whole project. And failed.

So, I came up with a solution.

We are integrating our HubSpot account with their Dynamics CRM and WordPress website. Because we use Marketing Hub Enterprise we can use the content partitioning functionality to give their CRM and CMS superpowers and they don't even have to leave their beloved apps.

It will take approximately 24 months before our company will dissolve completely into theirs. So we have time to massage them into believing that HubSpot is the way to go. It is currently my best bet.

@tyr, let your IT department search for "HubSpot app partner program" and dare them to prove to you that Dynamics has a better integrated and growing ecosystem. A little desk research has convinced me that HubSpot even integrates better in some ways with Microsoft's own product than Microsoft themselves, which is exactly in line with @brndnstwrt excellent response.

Rolf
Contributor

Thanks so much! Those are exactly the arguments I was hoping for.

It won't be easy to impress them I'm afraid. It is a German party with a typical German on-premise strategy with the wish to have full control of the entire IT landscape. Which is funny, because they sell a cloud product that is not on-premise.

There is a single full-time in-house developer who does the customizations. But because he is on his own I view it as a major liability for if he leaves, and a burden because it is only one man reinventing all the (fly)wheels that have already been invented and created. They don't seem to mind, which is absolutely baffling.

But I really like your wording, giving me some more hope that with your compelling reasons we'll be able to convince them.

Thank you again!

0 Upvotes
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@folked I know your team uses Dynamics for CRM--wondering if you have any insight on the other MS products to share?