💬 RevOps Discussions

jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

Doing Territory Management in HubSpot

resolver

Hi everyone!

If you didn't know, earlier this week I published this blog post on the Community Blog: The Definitive Use Case Library For Programmable Automation In Operations Hub – Quite the mouthful! – And I'm actually looking to add use cases for coded automation to this post over time.

One use case in particular I'm looking to add, which is referencing territory management and I'd like your input before I start writing it.

How and where is your territory management defined? Do you use an external database or are you using a spreadsheet and would you need a way to look that up automatically? Or are you keeping it more or less simple and would you an automated way to route leads based on zip code, country, language, ...?

1 Solução aceita
Drew_Cohen
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Great idea, @jbogaert. I think a lot of people will find value in this. One additional idea for consideration would be to explore territory management through the lens of intent. For example, over the last few years, I've seen more organizations shifting to a model where lead routing is dependent on what the expected user's intent was. If a user were to click on a page for "Product X", a sales rep who specializes in "Product X" would have that lead assigned to them. If a user signed up for a webinar that spoke about "Product Y", a sales rep who specializes in the intricacies of "Product Y" would have that lead assigned to them. Hope this helps.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
Drew_Cohen
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Great idea, @jbogaert. I think a lot of people will find value in this. One additional idea for consideration would be to explore territory management through the lens of intent. For example, over the last few years, I've seen more organizations shifting to a model where lead routing is dependent on what the expected user's intent was. If a user were to click on a page for "Product X", a sales rep who specializes in "Product X" would have that lead assigned to them. If a user signed up for a webinar that spoke about "Product Y", a sales rep who specializes in the intricacies of "Product Y" would have that lead assigned to them. Hope this helps.