💬 RevOps Discussions

Bryan_Culver

Curious, how many of us are B2B Focused Versus B2C Focused?

Greetings all.

I was fortunate to join a meetup at inbound and found that the majority of that group was B2B focused. It's interesting to me because I've been using hubspot for b2c since 2015 (Stratfor) and previously had to adapt for ecommerce b2c practices.  

I was wondering if that is the same case here?

I find as a b2c user I use 2/3rd of the enterprise features. We ignore reporting and many of the specific b2b features.

Let's hear from the B2C crew and your experiences adapting Hubspot to your needs.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I'm in a unique bucket of my own. We're a Franchisor of 14 home service brands and I work on the franchise development side looking for individuals wanting to start their own business or current businesses looking for growth opportunities/support from a franchise system. So It's both. Trying to adapt Hubspot to marketing 14 brands has definately had it's ups and downs!

0 Upvotes
RalphDuin

We're 100% b2b, which makes using Hubspot troublesome sometimes. A lot of features feel like they are build for B2C.

0 Upvotes
amabilemorgan20
Participant

The way my company uses HubSpot right now is B2C, primarily in the Marketing Hub. We've found that the reporting tool can be super helpful for B2C, especially where the newer custom reports is concerned. We have created multiple custom reports to help us look at engagement, consumer metrics, etc. Our customer rep has been great with helping us set up dashboards / reports we hadn't thought of yet!

0 Upvotes
KelseyVia

I would say our Hubspot use is about 70% B2C and 30% B2B if I had to look at it across all 3 hubs across our 8 portals. 

The marketing Hub is probably 90% B2C. However, when it comes to the Sales Hub I would say that B2C and B2B are a 50/50 split as we do have B2C and B2B sales teams. The Service Hub is then 100% B2B. A smaller portion of our portals use it, but it's mainly for our CSM's on large B2B accounts.

We use a lot of the enterprise features in B2B and B2C including reporting.  I do find that we have to use it in a different way, and be more thoughtful about how to set up properties to report on. I would say I spend about 80% of my time on B2C focused initiatives - marketing automation, sales pipelines, etc. So if you ever want to talk B2C - I'm definitely down!