💬 RevOps Discussions

brndnstwrt
Colaborador

Creating Quotes With Multiple Tier Options

Many sales people like to give options or upsale opportunities in a quote. Say you get asked to quote for a laptop, and you want to include not only the low-, medium- and high-end options, but also prices for a mouse, keyboard, and case. Is there an ideal way to do this in HubSpot other than three separate quotes (for each product tier) and one quote for the accessories?

4 Respuestas 4
Josh
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Platinum
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Platinum

Hi @brndnstwrt,

This is a great topic! We often quote multiple options but include the most likely one for our forecasting. It would be great if there was an ideal setup that would allow for quoting and reporting on the tier levels as well. 

Others have mentioned PandaDoc as a way to use pricing tables and tiers, which visually will work well, but it wouldn't be as helpful from a reporting and forecasting perspective.

Curious to hear from others on this!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Me gusta
maggiebomze
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Interesting, so would the ideal scenario be one quote with Option A, B, and C, with the option to add ons? @brndnstwrt and @Josh 

I think the idea behind the quotes tool is to send it as a contract one someone has already selected the options and add ons - and this is likely why there is a disconnect. 

One way I might approach this today is to send the "menu" of tiers and add-ons in a tracked document, then prepare the quote/contract with the options the customer selected. 

In the meantime, I'll let the product team know about the challenges with 1. providing options and add ons and 2. reporting when there are multiple quotes at play.

brndnstwrt
Colaborador

Thanks, @maggiebomze.

I can see how the tracked document idea could suffice. But at the end of the day, this is about looking for ways to save time and increase speed. Our sales team likes the quotes tool and how they can quickly grab products from the product library. But as a manufacturer, we have more than 2,000 products and our customers have a lot of options, thus the need to reflect different options on a single quote. Creating documents would work, but it would also mean adding a fairly labor intensive step to the process.

I appreciate the openness of HubSpot PMs to consider this feature request. It's a big part of why we like HubSpot so much.

Denise_Thijzen
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @brndnstwrt 

This is a great question, thanks for sending it over!

@Sarah_B I saw you and your B2B sales team often have to work with custom quotes for your business. I was wondering if you could share some best practices around this?