💬 RevOps Discussions

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Calling those doing business internationally! AMA with HubSpot's International GTM Lead [NOW CLOSED]

10 Replies 10
CPSCB
Contributor

Calling those doing business internationally! AMA with HubSpot's International GTM Lead [NOW CLOSED]

Hi Caitlyn,

Similar to @KatAddison, we've been operating in multiple countries for some time now, but are starting to regionalize more content in key markets.

We intend to explore further how we will use Teams, but we're a couple months out from solidifying our requirements there. 

The most immediate challenges have been forms translations and email templates.

• Forms: we're looking for a better way to ensure the translated forms stay in sync with the EN language version (the "master" form). Having the process all manual and separate (instead of e.g. inline translation on a single form) makes maintenance harder.
  • Email Templates: we're working on updating some modules on our universal templates (thanks to help from Hannah and Maddy) so users can toggle for different languages while creating the email and not have to maintain a large number of different templates for every single language. This is still WIP, so not sure what gaps we'll have between our requirements and what we're able to get done.
0 Upvotes
ccimikoski

Hi @CPSCB,

Thanks for the feedback! 

I've heard similar feedback to what you've mentioned regarding Forms. To make sure I understand, in an ideal world, there would be a Primary form (in your case, in English). From there, you have multiple forms that are the same as the Primary, just in different languages. When you're looking to make a change to all forms, instead of having to make that change on each form individually, you would be able to make the change on the Primary and have it reflected on the others as well. Do I have that right? If so, it's not currently on our roadmap, but the Product Team is aware of this scenario and discussing next steps. 

As for the email templates, please feel free to keep me posted if you identify any gaps. If you let Hannah know, she can reach out to me and I can follow up.

Thanks!

Caitlyn

CPSCB
Contributor

@ccimikoski Yes, the idea is that within a single form, you can toggle between the languages.

Ideally, changes to EN will highlight or prompt users to make updates to other languages.

While we typically do translation in-house, an automated workflow to send notification to a service (e.g. Acclaro) or specific user when translations need updating would really bring this in line with other CMS tools out there.  

0 Upvotes
ccimikoski

Hi @CPSCB,

Oh very interesting. I know couple of our Product Managers & Product Designers were looking into the different processes that our customers have in place for translation (in house & outsourced) so I'll pass this along to them.

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Wanted to tag in some of our Power Users who I believe operate outside the U.S. (or have teammates who do!):

@mdeboisseson @Lorenzo_Bossi @RachelK @Fernanda_Guerzo @EnricoGiardini @NicuEnache @Rolf @SkylerSchmanski @AgnesFodor 

TerryB
Contributor

This may be an existing feature - I'm fairly new to the tool. 

In our database we market to multiple countries, our communications are in English and doubt we are ready for multi-language yet.

Depending on how our contact has signed up/ where they are based, they abide to different privacy policies/ GDPR laws.

The possibility of having dynamic footers would be extremely useful to us to support sending one campaign and serving different footers based on the contacts optin method or locality.

0 Upvotes
ccimikoski

Hi @TerryB 

Thanks for the the suggestion! That’s an interesting idea and I’ll pass it along to our Product Team.

In terms of functionality that is available today- with Marketing Enterprise, you can create multiple footers. From there you could segment the contacts to ensure that the right lists were seeing the correct footers. This requires having separate emails for each list of contacts with differing privacy requirements. This might be what you’re currently doing but I wanted to bring it up just in case.

Thanks again for the suggestion! More and more of our customers market to prospects and customers in multiple countries so this feedback is really helpful.

Caitlyn

0 Upvotes
KatAddison
Participant

Hi, 

It's really exciting that you are looking into this as this is someting that we work with every day.

We have five different teams that in Canada, South Africa, France, Germany and the UK, and in those teams, they cover multiple different regions and 6 different languages.  

I like the idea of using the teams functionality but don't want to shut off access to what the different teams are doing, as we will often collaborate and share content. I would love to be able to use the teams functionality in the reporting, especially with emails! 

If I had a magic wand, I would incorporate smart rules into the forms. We have 17 different websites (for different languages and regions) which means for every one form, i have to create 16 more variations so that i can have the correct link to the privacy policy (thanks GDPR).  

That said, HubSpot have made some really exciting developments over the last two years that I have been using it so I'm excited to see what is next. 

ccimikoski

Thanks for reaching out!

Your use-case of having several teams working in different markets and languages is exactly what we’re hoping to solve for with some of our Enterprise updates that will be coming out later this year.

I’ve definitely heard similar requests about being able to break out Email reporting based on teams/markets. I can’t give you an exact timeframe as to when this functionality will be released but I can assure that it’s in progress! As soon as there is something more concrete to share, I can make sure you’re alerted.  

And regarding the magic wand request with forms, I’ve heard similar feedback but want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that it would be helpful to customize privacy policy by language/market? Or are you describing the need to have one primary form with others underneath (for different GDPR settings and/or language).

If you’re open to it, I’d love to connect offline as well to get some more details and specific examples. One of our Product Managers would be happy to a call as well.

Thanks!
Caitlyn
0 Upvotes
KatAddison
Participant

Hi Caitlyn, 

That's really exciting news about the email reporting, thanks for letting me know. 

With regards to the form, it could be either. I think that both are of value, with the second one would allow us to report globally on that data capture. With the first option, thinking practically, i would probably have it customizable by market and then could have one form for each language.  

I am definitely happy for connecting about details and examples. 

Thanks 

Katherine 

0 Upvotes