💬 RevOps Discussions

VoiceofCustomer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

AMA with Voice of Customer Team: Acting on feedback, How is HubSpot doing?

Hi Power Users,

I'm Amanda, and I lead our Voice of the Customer team. My team and I are so excited to be here in the Community to discuss how HubSpot collects and acts on your feedback

It’s our team’s mission to make you a happier HubSpot customer, and we do that by collecting and analysing your feedback across all points in your experience as a HubSpot customer, and importantly, holding HubSpot accountable for taking action on your feedback.

Questions we’re curious about:

• Temperature check: Does HubSpot ask for feedback too often, too little, or at the right frequency?
  • When you have feedback to give about HubSpot, where is the first place you go?
  • Do you expect a follow-up when you leave us feedback?
  • Do you feel like you know where to go for updates on the feedback you give us?
  • Are there other software companies that you think HubSpot should learn from when it comes to collecting and acting on your feedback?

Your honest thoughts are appreciated!

(My team members and I will be responding to all comments on Thursday, May 28.)

10 Replies 10
ShaunaCarroll
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi All,

Shauna from the Voice of the Customer team here. 

If anyone has any questions on how to set up your own Voice of the Customer team or anything else VoC related, we would be happy to answer them! 

We are here all day! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
bbinder
Participant

Hello,

I am looking to integrate VoC into our marketing.  Still new to the process. Have been using various HubSpot elements and tools (landing pages, emails, and just recently surveys) and looking to bring it all together.  Any additional tools inside/outside of HubSpot or recommendations for bringing it altogether would be great. Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
VoiceofCustomer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi BBinder,

This article provides some great suggestions for ways to amp up your VoC
program:
https://blog.hubspot.com/service/voice-of-the-customer-methodologies

Let us know once you read it if you have any specific questions!

Thanks,
Amanda
bbinder
Participant

Amanda, 

Thanks for this and will do. 🙂

Best,

Brad

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

• Temperature check: Does HubSpot ask for feedback too often, too little, or at the right frequency?
    • I'd say it's a good frequency. I think HubSpot does a great job of not only asking for feedback, but engaging the community in an active discussion.
  • When you have feedback to give about HubSpot, where is the first place you go?
    • Usually here in the community if it's related to ideas and improvements.
    • Support if it appears to be a bug with a current feature.
    • Not always, I know ideas and feedback, can take awhile to get rolling. However, it's always nice to know that you were heard.
  • Do you feel like you know where to go for updates on the feedback you give us?
    • Yes. Also, notifications to posts in the community are helpful.
  • Are there other software companies that you think HubSpot should learn from when it comes to collecting and acting on your feedback?
    • Can't think of any. I would put HubSpot in the "Leader" category when it comes to both "asking for" and "acting on" feedback. It's one of the reasons I'm an advocate. When I have a challenge or feature wish, I can usually count on something coming from the Product Team within six months. Looking at "Ideas" and seeing that something is "in planning" or "in development" helps to alleviate any frustrations that come up, as I know that the team is working on it.
0 Upvotes
VoiceofCustomer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks Noel for the feedback! We really appreciate it. If you have any thoughts on how we can improve or do better please let us know. 

0 Upvotes
SkylerSchmanski
Contributor

- Just right.
    - The community forums & support
    - I do.
    - I get those notifications 🙂
    - Others can learn from you. HubSpot is one of the few companies I even bother providing feedback—because HubSpot is one of the few companies I believe will act on it. People talk about Apple customer service... I'll keep bragging on HubSpot, thank you very much.
VoiceofCustomer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks Skyler for the really positive feedback! If you have any questions about the Voice of Customer team and how we operate please let us know!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Thanks for checking in Amanda!

Temperature check: Do we ask for feedback too often, too little, or at the right frequency?

• I think it's at the correct frequency now

When you have product feedback, where is the first place you go?

• Currently, all feedback is posted to Slack where we respond from there

Do you expect a follow-up when you leave us feedback?

• If it's good, not really, but if it's bad yes.

Do you feel like you know where to go for updates on the feedback you give us?

• No, typically I just look for an email

Thanks for doing this!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
VoiceofCustomer
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, Chris for answering these questions. Your answer to the question "do you know where to look for feedback" makes a lot of sense. My team and I are working on how to better "close the loop" with customers who give us feedback. It's a hard thing to do at scale! Where would you like to receive these updates, what would make the most sense for you? 

0 Upvotes