💬 RevOps Discussions

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

AMA with HubSpot Blog Manager Christina Perricone: Content Strategy [Now Closed]

Next Tuesday, Christina Perricone (@xtinap), the manager of HubSpot's Website Blog, will answer any and all questions you have on content strategy

Christina was recently featured as a content strategy expert in HubSpot's industry state of marketing report.

Ask her about:

• Taking a pillar page/topic cluster approach to your content
  • SEO-driven blog strategies
  • How she thinks about the blog as a lead acquisition tool
  • Managing a team of content creators

...or anything else related to content strategy that's on your mind.

[Please note: This AMA is now closed. We encourage you to ask each other questions!]

0.png

3 Replies 3
renee
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

AMA with HubSpot Blog Manager Christina Perricone: Content Strategy [Now Closed]

@LROADY  @lindseygarrett  @cynthia_dunlop - You all indicated you may be interested in learning more here related to content, so thought I'd make sure you all saw this AMA today, feel free to drop your questions in now! 

0 Upvotes
Bayramo0964
Participant

Hi Christina,

I'm Bayram and I work for CCS in the Netherlands. We are active in the B2B insurance software. I would like to ask some questions about the topic cluster approach.

Our challenge is that there are not high volume searches in our industry. What would be a good topic cluster to use? Searches like insurance software are very low (<40). We rank 5th for the keyword 'Marketplace' since this is a service we sell. The volume for this keyword is very high 33.100 but also very broad as it could be relevant to many industries. I was thinking on making a topic cluster on 'Insurtech' (210). This also applies on our service marketplace.

Hope to get your point of view for a B2B niche.

Best,

Bayram 

0 Upvotes
xtinap
Participant

Hi Bayram!

Thanks for your question. This is an obstacle I see often. It's a good problem to have in that you know people who are searching for your solution will find it as long as you're targeting high-intent KWs in the SERPs. However, it makes reach difficult.

My answer is two-fold:

First, I would capitalize on the traffic your getting from high-volume terms, like "Marketplace". Depending on the search intent here and how much it applies to your business, you should work to convert this traffic by coming up with an awareness-level offer. Then, put those leads into a specific lead nurture flow.

Second, I would work to build topic authority around related queries and topics that are tied to other stages of the buyer's journey. When you're creating cluster content, you want to go after terms that have enough MSV to warrant several pieces of content on that topic. That said, you can create a cluster around "Marketplace" as it ties to your service, creating cluster pieces that are relevant to insurance software + marketplace. 

As a part of this strategy, you'll also want to go after KWs that are tied to awareness and consideration stages of your prospect's buyer's journey. Not every cluster has to tie back directly to your service. Instead, they can be related to your persona's pain points and goals. That way, you're attracting potential customers in their early-interest stage and guiding them to your solution. The good thing is, these types of queries often have a ton of search volume.

Some ways I would determine what those low- to medium-interest queries are, would be:
• Ask existing customers what they struggled with prior to your solution
• Think about how companies come to the conclusion that they need insurance software — what questions do they ask and who makes the decisions
• Dissect the benefits your software provides, then find queries related to those benefits. You're bound to find pain points from this because that's why you created the solution in the first place.

In sum, expand your cluster creation process beyond product-specific queries and dive into your persona for where to start.