💬 RevOps Discussions

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

AMA: All Things Reporting [NOW CLOSED]

What's that one metric you've been trying to report on for months?

Inbound Consultant Nakul Kadaba ( @nkadaba ) is here all day on Tuesday, March 10 to help you tackle your toughest reporting questions.

Curious about how to model your sales team's output more precisely or attribute marketing campaigns more accurately? Ask away below.

nakul.png

Post your tricky reporting questions in the thread. Take a look at your peers' questions, too, to see if you can lend your expertise!

16件の返信
SkylerSchmanski
投稿者

Tracking salespeople's follow-up and follow-up speed on MQLs is tough. Last Activity Date doesn't seem to do the trick, as this property is impacted by processes in HubSpot. Any advice on the best way to automatically track and sync these stats between HubSpot and Salesforce would be appreciated.

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@SkylerSchmanski , 

Thanks for your message here. Have you tried "Became an MQL Date" (contacts) and "Last Contacted" (deals) instead? If a deal is not created for those MQLs when they enter Salesforce yet, then you could use "Activity Date" on the Activities list of properties. Regardless, this could be a cross-object report with Contacts + either Deals or Activities, based on what you prefer and your process is right now. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

SkylerSchmanski
投稿者

Much appreciated! We're exploring these and other options to boost precision.

0 いいね!
Pagenoi
投稿者

I have a few questions about reporting that I'd love some insight into!

1. Is there any discussion of adding a way to report downloads of a document or files that have been saved as say a PDF in our Hubspot Library?  (Thread of use case requests: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Tracking-Documents-from-File-Manager/idi-p/8760)
  2. We have embedded videos (using the Vidyard integration with our enterprise agreement) but I feel like the reporting isn't very robust. Are there more ways to report on the videos or would that require higher service level with Vidyard?
  3. We struggle a lot with accurate reporting because of the disparity between "Contact" and "Company" - we are somewhere between B2B and B2C in that we work with HOA Board Member (elected officials who change). One of our biggest struggles is reporting the most accurate data for revenue attribution. Often we run into the issue of a report that splits a company's "source" based on the different communication we had with the members of the board when in reality only one real source should be credited. I am not sure if others have this issue because our operations are unique but if there is anyone out there who has figured out the best way to handle this I'd love to hear from you!

Any and all answers or suggestions are appreciated!!

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Pagenoi ,

Thanks for your message here. Let me answer the questions in the order that you asked:

1. Nothing in terms of this just yet. I would say that the Community team or associates would respond to that ideas thread when there's an update.

2. Apart from looking at the blog post containing a video from HubSpot Video, nothing yet in terms of more robust reporting. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/use-video-in-hubspot

3. Considering that you are going based off of the elected official who is a contact, drawing revenue attribution based off of the contact would be the way to go here. If it's based from the company, then you would go that way. The Contacts and Companies objects both have associated numbers of the other object in them, so that you can pull those factors in a cross-object contacts/companies + deals to show how an original source based off the former would influence the closing of revenue, and by how much. The important thing is still tagging your deals with those contacts + companies so that there's association to pull later in reporting. If you have Marketing Enterprise, you can explore our Multi-touch attribution reporting, which would reflect all of your HubSpot deals based off of original source and other dimensions. Hope that helps ! 

0 いいね!
Pagenoi
投稿者

@nkadaba ,

Thanks for the information. 

On point 3, the issue is that any company may have 5-10 contacts and attribution reports split the source between them all which isn't accurate in our case. For instance, if we have a secretary, a treasurer, and a president in our system and the secretary found us through our blog then filled out an initial form for us to research. Then our sales team made calls to the president and treasurer who would eventually become the contract signatories, the attribution reports split the deal amount into 3 different sources when in reality the initial source (the secretary who found us online) is the actual source for the whole company. I realize my issue may just be something so unique to our industry that we may be the only ones experiencing it. 

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Pagenoi ,

Got it. In that case, you can view it as is (using Multi-touch attribution), or you can show it based on a particular job title of the contact in question. Based on the original source of that particular contact with those job titles (President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.) would dictate the attribution. You may not need to show multi-touch attribution for this. I would recommend getting in touch with your HubSpot point of contact for further information to build this out further.

0 いいね!
HannahRentokil
参加者

Hi Nakul,

In our instance of Hubspot we have many different teams from across the globe using the same instance so we are unable to use the main reporting function, however for most of the metrics we need I can download different dashboards or search through multiple criteria.

The element I cannot do this for is unsubscribes.

I have been reading a few posts about how to succefully get unsubscribe metrics but they still do not lead me to exaclty what I need - which is unsubscirbes by team by month. I have tried to create a custom report but I think the tricky part is dragging in the right date, as none of the currnet filters seem to bring me my unsubscibe date by month by contact owner.

Is there anything I can build which will be able to help me with this task?

Many Thanks,
Hannah 

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @HannahRentokil , 

Thanks for your post here. Do you have the Marketing Email Analytics in our Analytics Tools? That may be able to give you a report that you can copy on to a dashboard, of which unsubscribes may be a metric you can pull there. 

@Shay , is this something that can assist with the above request here? 

0 いいね!
HannahRentokil
参加者

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

I don't think I can see this, I have tried different views in analytics and seeing whats avaliable in the reporting but can't seem to find what I am after. We have an enterprise Marketing Hub Account so I assume this gives me access to all the relevant analytics views?

If there is a quick solution, even if I have to download something, that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Hannah

0 いいね!
Shay
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @HannahRentokil ! Just following up on my side re: your question about viewing email unsubcribes by team. Short answer here is that I don't think there's a great solution available today but this is definitely something we're moving towards.

I have a few follow up questions related to it (i.e. how you define the "team" in question here) so I'm going to conenct with you offline and loop in a couple colleagues to help get to the bottom of what we might be able to do here. Thanks for your question!

Driek
投稿者

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1) What are potential causes for differences in number of conversions reported between Google Analytics and Hubspot Landing Page reports? in GA we track the number of times a Thank You Page is visited, as this is only possible after submitting a form. Clearly, we have a TYP connected to each Form. Still, there is a difference. 

2) Possibly related: how can we definitively exclude old test form submissions from our reporting in Hubspot. Since some time I know there's a way to exclude our own IP-addresses, but for a couple of years (I know stupid) we didn't. So, how do we get rid of old test form submissions?

3) Unrelated, but somewhat of a nuisance: why is the selection of columns not specific to a list? Is there a timeline for fixing this? Right now if you select different columns, you do so for all lists. Very inconvenient, unless I am missing something. 

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Driek

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Driek , 

Thanks for your question here. Let me answer the questions in the order that you presented them.

1. Differences in conversions can relate to how Google and HubSpot define various metrics. Here's our knowledge base article, and an article by SmartBug detailing the same. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/why-do-hubspot-and-google-analytics-not-match

https://www.smartbugmedia.com/blog/whats-the-difference-hubspot-vs.-google-analytics (see the bullet points for differences). 

2. With regards to deleting form submissions, there's no way to delete timeline events. However, you could do what was prescribed here by one of our agencies and go about resolving this issue like that. In your case, it may be tagging everyone with form submissions EXCEPT those with your domain. 

3. Not sure if there is a timeline related to it, so this would be a good idea to submit in the Ideas Forum.

Hope this helps. 

0 いいね!
RalphDuin
メンバー

Hi! How can I set a goal on how many deals entered a specific stage for each rep or team? and then track this goal in reports.

nkadaba
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @RalphDuin , 

Thanks for your message here. If you have Sales Enterprise, you can enter a goal of how many deals are created in general, but not specific to a particular stage. If you do not have Sales Starter/Professional, then your goal is just pertaining to amount of revenue closed. 

To track within your reports, you can either show it within the goals feature in your settings, or can click that as an option when you are measuring deal creation/closed attainment against the goal by the rep.  

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-goals

0 いいね!
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

cc: @Driek @folked @ridingforlife @ernopyykko You all mentioned reporting as a key part of your roles. Have questions to add to the AMA today with Nakul?