Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

IThompson6

service asset management

SOLVE

Not sure if this has been asked or answered anywhere else.

I am new to setting up HubSpot but have used it in the past with an employer. As part of the service team, I am used to actioning tickets raised. When using HubSpot in my past employment we had a list of maintained assets against each customer. The question is this where do I create this asset list for each of our customers?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

service asset management

SOLVE

Hi @IThompson6,

It does. I'd recommend reviewing the two options proposed in my earlier proposed.

Custom ticket properties would be simple to set up but likely insufficient for the complexity you hinted at. They can be created in all HubSpot subscriptions.

It sounds like this was a field either on the ticket object or the company object. A field can take different forms, such as multiple checkboxes or a dropdown.

If a customer can have multiple assets, then a multiple checkboxes property, containing all assets as checkbox options, would make most sense.

You can create such a property by following these steps: Create custom properties

I'd recommend creating this as a ticket property,  named "Customer assets", property type "Multiple checkboxes". Once created, you can place this property in the left sidebar of the ticket record.

Custom objects will match the complexity and give you full flexibility but require coding and a HubSpot Enterprise subscription.

In HubSpot, there are four standard CRM objects: contacts, companies, deals, and tickets. There are also HubSpot-defined objects, such as products and calls. In addition to these standard objects, an asset object could also be created: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Laura16

service asset management

SOLVE

Hi. I am jumping in on this one looking for a solution. We resell hardware and maintenance contracts for that hardware. I need to maintain a list of Products with Serials# for each maintenance contract. However, I don't want to use a note because I may want to do a report on how many customers are using X - in case it's the end of life or we can upsell. What is your suggested way to create a product/asset list per DEAL? 

0 Upvotes
IThompson6

service asset management

SOLVE

Okay maybe if I explain who we are and what we do that will. We supply, install and maintain communications systems for businesses. This might a hard phone system a hosted voip system or a business data network plus internet connections. Our customers are many and varied, the type of service contract supplied is tailored to the customer we offer four types of service contract 9 to 5 Monday to  Friday,  9  to 5 7 days a week ,  24/7/265 and bespoke. When answering service tickets, the service engineers need to be able to identify the type service contract the customer has and the the equipment serviced ( service asset ) this so the service ticket can be assigned to the right service queue and response time . I hope this clarities what we require .

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

service asset management

SOLVE

Hi @IThompson6,

It does. I'd recommend reviewing the two options proposed in my earlier proposed.

Custom ticket properties would be simple to set up but likely insufficient for the complexity you hinted at. They can be created in all HubSpot subscriptions.

It sounds like this was a field either on the ticket object or the company object. A field can take different forms, such as multiple checkboxes or a dropdown.

If a customer can have multiple assets, then a multiple checkboxes property, containing all assets as checkbox options, would make most sense.

You can create such a property by following these steps: Create custom properties

I'd recommend creating this as a ticket property,  named "Customer assets", property type "Multiple checkboxes". Once created, you can place this property in the left sidebar of the ticket record.

Custom objects will match the complexity and give you full flexibility but require coding and a HubSpot Enterprise subscription.

In HubSpot, there are four standard CRM objects: contacts, companies, deals, and tickets. There are also HubSpot-defined objects, such as products and calls. In addition to these standard objects, an asset object could also be created: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

service asset management

SOLVE

Hi @IThompson6,

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JEpeneter
Participant

service asset management

SOLVE

I can't answer for @IThompson6 but I can answer for my own situation...
If I have a contact in HubSpot for which I am servicing tickets, what I don't have is an asset management system that allows me to track my contact's assets for which the tickets are associated.  
In an IT context, that would be their laptop, screen(s), keyboard, mouse, printer, router, etc. 
In a field service context, the assets would be whatever I am servicing. So if I sell and service refridgerators, then I would want to know what make, model, and accessories I sold to them, and then I would want to track the warranty and service schedule for the unit(s).  

0 Upvotes
JEpeneter
Participant

service asset management

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Thanks for the suggestion for a custom property. I think that is a good first step but it is far from "asset management." I think a custom object with many properties might be more needed as each asset needs to be tracked as to purchase date, warranty status, etc. In the end, I think I will have to look at asset management solutions that integrate with HubSpot via Zapier or similar. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

service asset management

SOLVE

Sure, @JEpeneter, this would be the ideal situation, if an Enterprise subscription and knowledge of coding are available.

@IThompson6, In HubSpot, there are four standard CRM objects: contacts, companies, deals, and tickets. There are also HubSpot-defined objects, such as products and calls. In addition to these standard objects, an asset object could also be created: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

service asset management

SOLVE

Hi @IThompson6 ,

Can‌ ‌you‌ ‌please‌ ‌elaborate‌ ‌more‌ ‌what‌ ‌do‌ ‌you‌ ‌mean‌ ‌by‌ ‌“‌had‌ ‌a‌ ‌list‌ ‌of‌ ‌maintained‌ ‌assets‌ against‌ ‌each‌ ‌customer”.‌ ‌‌What‌ ‌exactly‌ ‌are‌ ‌your‌ ‌assets‌ ‌?‌ ‌What‌ ‌are‌ ‌you‌ ‌trying‌ ‌to‌ ‌achieve,‌ ‌what’s‌ ‌your‌ exact‌ ‌goal‌ ‌?‌

Thanks!
0 Upvotes