Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

bruzehual

Recognizing Duplicate Contacts through Phone Numbers!!

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot community!

We are experimenting with some ways to detect duplicate contacts when entering new details into Hubspot. So far we can see that if you enter an email (first field) it will show you if that email exists within the system already.

https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip/

We have customised the form which is created to fill in new contact details to include "Mobile Phone Number" as a field. We want to know if it is possible to detect a duplicate contact either by full name or mobile number rather than solely through entering their email address.

Thank you in advance!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @bruzehual,

Out of the box, HubSpot will only deduplicate by email address or record ID, see here. It's currently not possible to add additional properties to deduplicate by.

Other users have already requested this and I'd recommend upvoting their request: Deduplication of contacts using phone number (The HubSpot product team evaluates these requests based on their popularity.)

If you're open to using an integration, you could deduplicate by phone number with Insycle.

Lastly, you can always come up with a custom solution based on the HubSpot API which will require some programming skills.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

DarianVretenar
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bruzehual 

This is easily achieved with Hubspot API.

You can create a flow in Integromat that will detect contacts based on any criteria and then use Merge API to merge contacts.

I had a similar situation with companies, and it works efficiently.

I've done it with Integromat.

Kind regards,
Darian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DarianVretenar
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bruzehual 

This is easily achieved with Hubspot API.

You can create a flow in Integromat that will detect contacts based on any criteria and then use Merge API to merge contacts.

I had a similar situation with companies, and it works efficiently.

I've done it with Integromat.

Kind regards,
Darian

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @bruzehual,

Out of the box, HubSpot will only deduplicate by email address or record ID, see here. It's currently not possible to add additional properties to deduplicate by.

Other users have already requested this and I'd recommend upvoting their request: Deduplication of contacts using phone number (The HubSpot product team evaluates these requests based on their popularity.)

If you're open to using an integration, you could deduplicate by phone number with Insycle.

Lastly, you can always come up with a custom solution based on the HubSpot API which will require some programming skills.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.