Sales Hub Tools

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

Deals: Create Company property that Aggregates Deal Amount for deals with specific titles

SOLVE

Every month, we have deals created for our customers (Company-level) who utilize our On-Demand feature. The amount of this deal is determined based on how much On-Demand they consumed in that particular month. It's a snapshot of how much On-demand we generated during that billing cycle.
Over time, if that company continues to use on-Demand, they can have multiple deals created for their On-Demand usage. 

What I am trying to do is figure out a way to aggregate these amounts in a Company property with the aggregated amount being limited to the deals that have 'On-Demand' in the title of the deal. 

Is it possible to do this through a workflow?

Let me know if you have any questions or need more clarity on the question. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Deals: Create Company property that Aggregates Deal Amount for deals with specific titles

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr , We have a provision of calculation properties in HubSpot. Check out of it helps you. But you will not be able to use it between two properties. Try building the formula in Deal and copy it to Company. And also it might be possible only if you are using diff properties to store on-demand values.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr,

This can be achieved with a calculation property. Navigate to Settings > Properties > Create property and fill in your details on the "Basic info" page (first step). This should be a company property.

Then, pick the field type "Calculation".

In the last step, you can sum certain fields of other records on a specific condition, e.g. sum a deal field when another property is equal to XYZ. For some reason, this condition cannot be a single-line text "contains any of" filter. This calculation property does however accept single checkbox properties, for example, see below:

karstenkoehler_0-1650342838323.png

If you can update those deals to have the value "true" in a specific "on-demand" property, this property above can be easily created.

(This would be easy using a deal-based workflow. Enroll all deals where name contains "on-demand", then set property value of single checkbox to "true".)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr,

This can be achieved with a calculation property. Navigate to Settings > Properties > Create property and fill in your details on the "Basic info" page (first step). This should be a company property.

Then, pick the field type "Calculation".

In the last step, you can sum certain fields of other records on a specific condition, e.g. sum a deal field when another property is equal to XYZ. For some reason, this condition cannot be a single-line text "contains any of" filter. This calculation property does however accept single checkbox properties, for example, see below:

karstenkoehler_0-1650342838323.png

If you can update those deals to have the value "true" in a specific "on-demand" property, this property above can be easily created.

(This would be easy using a deal-based workflow. Enroll all deals where name contains "on-demand", then set property value of single checkbox to "true".)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr ,

So you want to copy the amount from a deal property to company property or are you looking for the same amount aggregation functionality in companies?  If you want to copy the value from deal to company property then you can create a workflow and copy the values from one property to another. The workflow action will be 'Copy property value'

webdew_0-1650340795257.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @webdew I am looking to aggregate the total $ amount of deals that contain 'On-Demand' in the title of the deal into a new property. This aggregated property will exist at the Company level. Alternatively, I would look to increase the $ amount of a specified property as opposed to overwriting with new information. For example, if in month 1 the customer spends $4 in On-Demand then in month 2 they spend $8, then I don't want the property to show the replaced value of $8 but rather the aggregate value of month 1 and month 2, which would be $12

To specify, I am not looking to copy properties but rather add up properties. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nthatcher-airbr , We have a provision of calculation properties in HubSpot. Check out of it helps you. But you will not be able to use it between two properties. Try building the formula in Deal and copy it to Company. And also it might be possible only if you are using diff properties to store on-demand values.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards.