HubSpot Ideas

JMaylandOlsen

Yearly goals should align with fiscal year

Currently it is possible to type in a yearly goal in the goals module, past or present years. But even though an account it set up with a fiscal year that does not align with the calendar year, Hubspot insist that "yearly goals" = calendar year. 

That does not make sense for any company reporting on a fiscal year not aligned with the calendar year.

If we cannot use the goals module to report on goal attainment in our dashboards, then what is the point?

Thus, I pledge for Hubspot to either DEFAULT make yearly goals align with the fiscal year in an account setting or make it optional when typing in the goal.

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
October 25, 2022 08:53 AM

Hey HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for the feedback. 

The team is running a beta that allows you to manage goals and forecast based on your fiscal year. If you'd like to participate in the beta, please fill out this form.

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

22 Replies
jacob-downey

Yes, this is really needed!

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Agree with this. This use case comes up a lot, though having the ability to set an accounts fiscal year is useful the functionality suddenly falls flat when using the forecasting tools. Would be great to have the ability to chose fiscal year for revenue goals & forecasts.

DWatmough

Really can't believe this isn't possible - tracking sales targets in line with a fiscal year should be a staple of any half decent CRM. Come on Hubspot - you're behind the pack with this. Donlt make me have to switch to Salesforce!

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Wanted to share that I've found a workaround that might help some users in the meantime (though it's not perfect but helps with a report!).

When setting up a report to track total deals closed vs goals, simply click on the drop-down 'display options', then untick 'Include revenue Goal' and then tick 'Include Monthly report goal'. I then changed the report date range to show my fiscal year.

Now I've got a report that tracks my closed revenue against a monthly goal that culminates into the FY target. Hopefully this will help a few folk until the revenue goal is fixed!

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 09.39.53.png

MHenning1
Contributor

I need this too!

DavidCrompton
Participant

This seems such an obvious thing especially as we are just coming to our year end. I know JULY who has that!!!! Nobody in the company knows why either.

Dazman
Participant

Essential

MHenning1
Contributor

Please expedite this function asap! 🙏 🙏 🙏

JBrunt
Participant

Agreed this is something I would have thought would be a given. I truly thought it was just me struggling as a new Hubspot user! We really need to be able to track annual target goals against our real year and quarters,  not arbitrarily by calendar year. The data is meaningless otherwise.

JohnnyMac

Very surprised this isn't available. 

CThackray

This is vitally important please!

MJaye

Agreed, very much needed. Seems silly you can set up your fiscal calendar in Hubspot but you can't align goal setting to same calendar.

RWeber
Participant

Totally agree, please include this feature ASAP.  Many thanks

wegan

Please do this. Critical

MichaelWere
Participant

Yep, newbie in HubSpot and pretty disappointed this doesn't exist, nor a reasonable workaround.  Reporting to our fiscal year, not a calendar year is so critical!  This is a huge flaw in Hubspot.

SVijaydev
Participant

We need this feature enabled on priority, all of your sales forecasting and Quota attainment should sync with the fiscal year we follow.

JYates7

"We need this feature enabled on priority, all of your sales forecasting and Quota attainment should sync with the fiscal year we follow." - I am stmped as a sales leader that this is not the case and isnt being fixed!!!!

Come on Hubspot pull your finger out and get this fixed pls

PMoen
Participant

The way that HubSpot currently works makes this function completely unuseable for companies with a Fiscal Year like we have. 

KDKostrzewski

Why hasn't @hubspot made any comments on this? The linitations on goals, data import (quotes/line items etc,) will become significant issues when considring for any serious sales/rev ops implementaion (or retentioan in my case). 

chansen826

YES!  Why have me set up my fiscal year if it is not taken into account for quarterly goals.