HubSpot Ideas

JustinPerkinsC

Increased NPS Survey Email Body Length

Obviously, most of us come here reviewing items that we find to be critical for our day to day processes. This one is simple but really reduces the ability to leverage a lot of best practices you see companies doing today around NPS survey's. 

The problem comes about related to the extremely limited length you are given for the NPS email body greeting (40 characters total). You actually are allowed a subject line twice the length of what you are allowed in the very email body. This only allows you to basically say, "hi please give us a score." (that would give me 14 more characters to work with of course). I understand with NPS you want to keep it short, and sweet, but you also need to put some basis behind the email for anyone to ever so much as glance at it. The engagement with NPS and these scores are really important for a lot of businesses to be able to gauge in a wide net what our customers are currently feeling.  

If you look at what some other organizations have been doing today.

Lumoa - Classic, simple example, however over twice the allowed length we could use today. Even though this is something extremely short and sweet.

Hey, You have been using Lumoa for over a month and we wanted to know how it feels!

Slack - This one I really personally like the feel and format of, but at 255 characters it's over 6x the length of what we could ever look to do today.

My name is Bill and I lead up marketing at Slack. We’d love to hear about your experience with slack. Would you mind filling out this short 2 question survey to help us improve? It will take less than 60 seconds, I promise. We read every single response.

SlackNPS.jpg

We could obviously find many such examples, but it's important for business strategy to be able to craft a message around why we are reaching out to someone. More so than just saying hi please give us a score. I know from my own personal experience, I would 99% of the time just delete and not pay attention to emails formatted this way.

Appreciated and hope others find this idea valuable.