CRM

MarkusDammann
Participant

Collect Customer Shipping Address and Contact in Forms

SOLVE

Hello,

I am trying to create a form in which I collect the customer company's shipping address. I created the properties "shipping address" and "shipping contact", but now I see that in forms I cannot use company information properties. Does anyone know another way? I am trying to get the shipping addresses filled automatically in documents using Pandadoc integration.

Best,

Markus

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

So question do you have access to workflow? The roundabout way would be to have the properties set on the contact and have them transfer over to the company via an automated workflow. The reason company fields are not likely available is with a lot of forms fills a company might not be created as of yet, so it wouldn't be able to set those values until it happens.

Are all contacts with companies already known to you?

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

View solution in original post

GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @MarkusDammann,

You are correct, it's not possible to use company properties within a form. But this is a feature request which you can upvote here: Add company properties in a form.

If you stored shipping information within the contact category, PandaDoc can still pull this information into a document. If you can live with this data being inside the contact category then you are good to go.

But to tackle the issue of getting this information into the company category, I think @JustinPerkinsC suggestion to use HubSpot workflows (requires professional level account) is a good one.

Another option would be to use something like Zapier.com. More affordable but also more difficult to use.

All the best,
Guy | linkedhub.io

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @MarkusDammann,

You are correct, it's not possible to use company properties within a form. But this is a feature request which you can upvote here: Add company properties in a form.

If you stored shipping information within the contact category, PandaDoc can still pull this information into a document. If you can live with this data being inside the contact category then you are good to go.

But to tackle the issue of getting this information into the company category, I think @JustinPerkinsC suggestion to use HubSpot workflows (requires professional level account) is a good one.

Another option would be to use something like Zapier.com. More affordable but also more difficult to use.

All the best,
Guy | linkedhub.io

wilderlo

SOLVE

thanks !

0 Upvotes
wilderlo

SOLVE
thanks !
0 Upvotes
MarkusDammann
Participant

SOLVE

I just tried your suggestion. Pandadoc can import tokens when you create a document from a contact window. The problem is that you cannot get the deal tokens imported then, e.g. products and deal amount. So it seams that currently the only way is using a workflow.

GuyTaylor
Guide

SOLVE

Hey @MarkusDammann,

Yes, this is correct. Unfortunately PandaDoc doesn't allow you to import both deal and contact tokens into the same document. Both are importable but they are mutally exclusive.

I checked a few other competitors to PandaDoc including HelloSign and Proposify and neither of them appeard to have this functionality for importing both contact and deal tokens into the same document.

Altho Proposify was quite a bit easier/simpler to use then PandaDoc in my opinion. They do allow importing contact/company tokens into a single document.

Guy | linkedhub.io

0 Upvotes
MarkusDammann
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @GuyTaylor 

Thank you very much. I already upvoted it. I will try using shipping information in the contact properties. This means that hubspot will first create a new contact once the form is submitted, and I have to assign that contact to the deal company, right?

Best,

Markus

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

So question do you have access to workflow? The roundabout way would be to have the properties set on the contact and have them transfer over to the company via an automated workflow. The reason company fields are not likely available is with a lot of forms fills a company might not be created as of yet, so it wouldn't be able to set those values until it happens.

Are all contacts with companies already known to you?

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
MarkusDammann
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Justin,

I started looking into creating a workflow as you suggested, but it is challenging when you're new to it. I found the following link that helps partially:

https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/working-around-workflows 

I tried following it, but already got stuck when having to choose a trigger. My plan/hope is to build the following:

1. A customer fills a hubspot form in which I ask for company billing and shipping details.

2. I connect the resulting contact to a company.

3. The hubspot workflow copies the contact properties into the company properties.

4. Create documents in pandadoc that pull the info automatically from company and deal properties. E.g. an invoice or a picking list.

For step 3, which trigger do I choose?

0 Upvotes