APIs & Integrations

JLowe3

Vue.JS Load Chat Widget CORS error

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to load the Hubspot Chat widget into my VueJS app.

I have the tracking script installed within index.html and then I want to be able to call the load function from within Vue. 

JLowe3_0-1645707047392.png

However, whenever I call the load function (even in the console), I seem to get a CORS error and I can't load the chat widget.

JLowe3_1-1645707087458.png

Any help would be appreciated

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JLowe3
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @PamCotton @stefen,

We're just using standard Vue 3. However, I seem to have fixed the issue, we're using Azure App Insights in our application and we have a setting enabled that allows us to trace every HTTP request in the app for debugging.

This adds a "traceparent" header to each request and hubspot doesn't seem to allow that so we've allowlisted the hubspot domain in the App Insights config and everything is working perfectly. 

Thanks for reaching out to help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JLowe3
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @PamCotton @stefen,

We're just using standard Vue 3. However, I seem to have fixed the issue, we're using Azure App Insights in our application and we have a setting enabled that allows us to trace every HTTP request in the app for debugging.

This adds a "traceparent" header to each request and hubspot doesn't seem to allow that so we've allowlisted the hubspot domain in the App Insights config and everything is working perfectly. 

Thanks for reaching out to help!

stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@JLowe3 are you using nuxt.js by chance? If so, it might be trying to run the script server side instead of client side. Try putting it inside a client only component as described here: https://nuxtjs.ir/api/components-client-only

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @JLowe3, happy Friday!

I would like to invite some top experts @miljkovicmisa@stefen @jpsanchez any recommendations to @JLowe3?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes