APIs & Integrations

Aykut_TTC

HubSpot CMS website translation

Hi,

I am writing from a translation company and one of our clients who use HubSpot CMS wants to translate their website.

I searched the support pages to see if we can export xliff files etc - then I looked at the posts in this community and realised there were few posts saying this cannot be done and it would be great to bring that function.

But as these were from 2020 - I thought I give it a shot and ask again here (hope it's not posted before and I'm not being repetitive..).

Could anyone please be able to give me some guidance on how to translate a website built on HubSpot?

We are able to process most file formats with CAT tools and we don't want to put a technical knowledge burden on our client either, hope this helps.

Many thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4
SConnely

I have a site built on HubSpot CMS, and it's aimed at the legal niche, we used a website localization service that did this work for us. We sent them what we needed to be translated and a few hours we received the files in .XLIFF, .XML, .PO, .CSV and .XLSX format. In your place, I would see if I could find another translation service to do this for me. They may have a lower price, and in this way, you can also make some profit. 

0 Upvotes
albertsg
Guide

@Aykut_TTC one idea that could make localization and implementation easier would be to store navigational text (not content itself, that's a different story. I would treat these two types of text independently) in a JSON file and load the content from there. By doing this, localization teams "only" need to translate the JSON file and developers only code the template once and load the correct text from the correct JSON according to the language. 
By navigational text I mean all the text that appear in a website except blog posts, like "Subscribe, contact us, About us, etc".

When it comes to content, i agree with Anton 🙂 

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Anton , @Gonzalo  either of you ever try doing something like this.

@Aykut_TTC , this is where I would start.  If you scroll to the bottom, you will see language variants. 

Let us know how it goes.  Might have a good idea for an app if it works out 😉

Anton
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @Aykut_TTC

there are some translation apps for HubSpot out there in the marketplace. You can try them out. Personally I've never worked with one of them - but you might give it a shot. 

My personal approach would be to create translations of each page(see screenshot)

Anton_0-1647528546685.png

and then change the content directly in the page. I think it's easier to maintain for "non-developers".

Another way could be to create an API call with an translated XML. So each time you update/save the XML the changes get pushed to the portal. Is a bit harder to set up but also easy to maintain since you're working in "Excel" or "Numbers". But keep in mind that this might cause some problems if not complete/unfinished changes gets pushed live

hope this helps, 

best

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature